Thread: ULF website, some new content...

ULF website, some new content...

For those of you who came by when I annouced the website and found it a little thin, i've added some content, links, etc, since then, and you can have another look if you like...

The "stuff" page has seen the biggest improvement (under "Tripods, holders, etc..."), but also has the largest room for improvement. Feel free to leave any comments and to suggest additionnal content. I've put up what I think I know, but the knowledge of others probably covers wider areas.

I look forward to your comments.

Patrick Jan Van Hove

Geez, i left my head on my pillow this morning, the adress : http://ulf.janvanhove.com ...

Cheers,

PJ VH

The lenses table is hard to read. It is like the bottom of each letter is cut off.

Also, it will be nice when you get sone ULF work in the gallery. The site looks good so far.

Jan,

I have really enjoyed the site. I first visited it several weeks ago, and have been checking back every so often. My favorite section is the "tools of the trade", where I found the link to the Glennview site (I've recently become interested in the panoramic format, and his website has been a wonderful resource). And, I think the ULF site "reads" very well graphically - simple & direct, making navigation a breeze. I like the way you've put together the gallery section - the negative thumbnails are a very creative (and compelling) way to preview the images. Please keep up the good work!

Mark

I agree with the comment that more ULF images need to be displayed.

With all due respect for those who insist that true quality can never be presented via a monitor, I recommend you look at QT Luong's A closer look at a large format photograph, an exposition with detailed samples of a single 5x7 image. It conveys much of the majesty of large format quality.

Even if it isn't perfect, there's no reason why something similar on your site couldn't be even more majestic.

Excellent work! I'm not entirely pleased, though - I feel that I am experiencing format shrinkage again.

> Excellent work! I'm not entirely pleased, though - I feel that I am experiencing format shrinkage again.

>--David R Munson, 2004-06-01 21:08:36

Could be worse David... you could have, uh, some other shrinkage!

Thanks for the comments !

I agree that I need more ULF photographs, but that has to come through the ULFers, I don't as yet have ULF images, since my big camera is still in the project stage (as you can read in my project page... (shameless self-promotion !))... I'll be more than happy to post them as soon as I have them !

PJ VH

Oh, by the way, somebody pointed out that my definition of ULF was rather vague "anything bigger than 8x10...". I kinda left it that way because I want to include as many people as possible in the definition... (some day, even 8x10 will probably be considered ULF, when film companies decide to stop making the films and they become special order only, I think...). What do you think should be my definition of ULF ?

PJ VH