Thread: New to LF

New to LF

Hi, After taking a workshop where we used a 4x5 press camera to shoot glass plates I decided to pick up a Graflex Crown Graphic. I have film on order but my goal is to reproduce the emulsion we made at the workshop.

Re: New to LF

I shoot film but there are quite a few members here who use alternative processes. I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Alan! Yes, right now I'm gathering what I need so we'll see. I still need a few pieces and figure out the logistics of how I'm going to do it. (Basically it's a downstairs bathroom I'm going to be using that I have been using as my "darkroom" since I started film....not the space we had at the workshop but somehow you get things to work. pouring will be the challenge as I need a hotplate, lab heating sturer, and small crock pot going at the same time as well as a level piece of marble...this will be interesting

Good luck with it. I have been tempted to try it myself after viewing the work of some of the photographers here. Be sure to check out the Image Sharing and Discussion Section of the forum for some inspiration. There are some fantastic alternative process images posted there.