Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    10,314

    New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    MARCH 26, 2013
    For Information Contact: Bob Salomon
    Contact Info:
    Fax: 800 282-9010 Office 800 735-4373
    email: bob@hpmarketingcorp.com

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y tube comparison.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	92369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YTL 3-Way CF.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	92370

    GIOTTO YTL TRIPODS
    HP Marketing Corp. is introducing 14 new Giotto YTL Silk Road tripods in the USA.
    The revolutionary YTL series features a newly Patent Pending, Giotto exclusive, “Y” shaped center column that makes these tripods 30% more compact for carrying and storage then traditional round tube center columns!
    The new “Y” shaped center column design adds strength and rigidity to the center column while allowing the tripod legs to close 30% closer to the center column to minimize bulk and weight!
    The new YTL tripods are available in the USA in two different series and in either 8 layer carbon fiber or in aluminum. The 8 layer carbon fiber tubes have crossed layers for maximum strength and lightest weight! Both the aluminum and the carbon fiber models have the Giotto Quick Lever leg lock (QEL) system which makes it super easy to lock or unlock the legs, even while wearing gloves!
    Each model also has graduated index marks on the lowest leg section to aid in set-up when the sections are not fully extended! A removable rubber tip on each leg can be replaced with the Giotto FP1021 rubber foot with metal spike.
    A bubble level on the top plate of the 2 Way versions aids in set-up. Each model has three adjustable leg angle positions with a separate lock on each leg. The mounting screw has reversible 3/8 and 1/4 screw threads that locks in place with the supplied Allen wrench.
    The center column can be replaced with a short column that is included with the 3-way version (YTL 9354, YTL 9384, YTL 9313, YTL 9314, YTL 8354, YTL 8383 and YTL 9314) and is optional on the 2-way version (YTL 9213, YTL 9214, YTL 9253, YTL 9284, YTL 8214, YTL 8254 and YTL 8284).
    The YTL series is available in two different designs:
    The 2-way version uses a conventional design that allows the column to rise/lower and reverse. The 3-way tripod series features a lateral arm center column that can cantilever besides lowering/rising and reversing and tilts 180 and rotates a full 360! In addition, when used with the automatic locking short column it becomes a 3-way pan/tilt head!
    The new YTL tripods range in maximum height from 63.3 to 73.6” and collapse for carrying to between 20.4 to 26”. In carbon fiber they weigh between 1.6 and 3.5 pounds and in aluminum from 3.1 to 4.4 pounds! Depending on the model they are rated between 11 and 22 pound capacity!
    The Giotto YTL tripods are available from HP Marketing Corp. dealers in the USA.
    For further details and images please contact:
    HP Marketing Corp., 16 Chapin Road, Pine Brook, New Jersey, 07058
    Phone: 800 735-4373 Fax: 973-808-9004
    Website: www.hpmarketingcorp.com

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    10,314

    Re: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    Correction:

    "The 3-way tripod series features a lateral arm center column that can cantilever besides lowering/rising and reversing and tilts 180 and rotates a full 360! In addition, when used with the automatic locking short column it becomes a 3-way pan/tilt head!"

    Should read:

    "when used with the automatic locking short column it becomes a 2-way pan/tilt head!"

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    10,314

    Re: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    MARCH 26, 2013
    For Information Contact: Bob Salomon
    Contact Info:
    Fax: 800 282-9010 Office 800 735-4373
    email: bob@hpmarketingcorp.com

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y tube comparison.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	92369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YTL 3-Way CF.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	92370

    GIOTTO YTL TRIPODS
    HP Marketing Corp. is introducing 14 new Giotto YTL Silk Road tripods in the USA.
    The revolutionary YTL series features a newly Patent Pending, Giotto exclusive, Y shaped center column that makes these tripods 30% more compact for carrying and storage then traditional round tube center columns!
    The new Y shaped center column design adds strength and rigidity to the center column while allowing the tripod legs to close 30% closer to the center column to minimize bulk and weight!
    The new YTL tripods are available in the USA in two different series and in either 8 layer carbon fiber or in aluminum. The 8 layer carbon fiber tubes have crossed layers for maximum strength and lightest weight! Both the aluminum and the carbon fiber models have the Giotto Quick Lever leg lock (QEL) system which makes it super easy to lock or unlock the legs, even while wearing gloves!
    Each model also has graduated index marks on the lowest leg section to aid in set-up when the sections are not fully extended! A removable rubber tip on each leg can be replaced with the Giotto FP1021 rubber foot with metal spike.
    A bubble level on the top plate of the 2 Way versions aids in set-up. Each model has three adjustable leg angle positions with a separate lock on each leg. The mounting screw has reversible 3/8 and 1/4 screw threads that locks in place with the supplied Allen wrench.
    The center column can be replaced with a short column that is included with the 3-way version (YTL 9354, YTL 9384, YTL 9313, YTL 9314, YTL 8354, YTL 8383 and YTL 9314) and is optional on the 2-way version (YTL 9213, YTL 9214, YTL 9253, YTL 9284, YTL 8214, YTL 8254 and YTL 8284).
    The YTL series is available in two different designs:
    The 2-way version uses a conventional design that allows the column to rise/lower and reverse. The 3-way tripod series features a lateral arm center column that can cantilever besides lowering/rising and reversing and tilts 180 and rotates a full 360! In addition, when used with the automatic locking short column it becomes a 3-way pan/tilt head!
    The new YTL tripods range in maximum height from 63.3 to 73.6 and collapse for carrying to between 20.4 to 26. In carbon fiber they weigh between 1.6 and 3.5 pounds and in aluminum from 3.1 to 4.4 pounds! Depending on the model they are rated between 11 and 22 pound capacity!
    The Giotto YTL tripods are available from HP Marketing Corp. dealers in the USA.
    For further details and images please contact:
    HP Marketing Corp., 16 Chapin Road, Pine Brook, New Jersey, 07058
    Phone: 800 735-4373 Fax: 973-808-9004
    Website: www.hpmarketingcorp.com

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,194

    Re: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    Smart design!

    I need to save up and finally get a good lightweight tripod.

    Old and heavy, I have, but good lightweight, I do need.

    Shopping now!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    10,314

    Re: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    Randy,
    You won't have to save a lot. They start under $150.00.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Smart design!

    I need to save up and finally get a good lightweight tripod.

    Old and heavy, I have, but good lightweight, I do need.

    Shopping now!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,194

    Re: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    Not easy to find. Found them on UK eBay...

    http://www.giottosusa.com/ doesn't show them.

    http://www.giottos.com/ points back to HP.

    I quit after B&H doesn't have them.

    I am sure they will be sold soon in USA.

    A really smart and patented design.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    10,314

    Re: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    Our shipment only arrived on Thursday and only began shipping yesterday. Our reps are just now getting their samples so most dealers will not see them till sometime next week and then they have to order them and get their stock. And get them online. So I would not expect them to be online at US dealers till May.

    As for the UK, they introduced them in January but with 12 models. We are introducing them now but with 14 models. Of the 26 supported in the UK and the US only 4 are the same model. 10 of ours are not sold in the UK and 8 of theirs are not sold here.
    The factory actually lists 24 different models but each distributor makes their own choice of which to sell in their country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Not easy to find. Found them on UK eBay...

    http://www.giottosusa.com/ doesn't show them.

    http://www.giottos.com/ points back to HP.

    I quit after B&H doesn't have them.

    I am sure they will be sold soon in USA.

    A really smart and patented design.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,194

    Re: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    I want something modern and lightweight for field usage with my mint 2X3 Linhof Kardan Color. Lately I am shooting with it a lot.

    I can wait until May.

    One reviewer, says, why was this obvious design improvement not thought of before. I have to agree. Makes all other designs clumsy.

  9. #9
    Nicolasllasera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bilbao, Spain / Miami, Florida
    Posts
    152

    Re: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    These tripods look great. I wil check for a lightweight one for longer hikes.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    currently Boulder, CO; formerly Seattle, WA.
    Posts
    210

    Re: New Giotto YTL Silk Road Tripod System

    Has anyone used these?

    It looks like a great design for lightweight, compact, yet sturdy travel with my Mamiya 7IIs and RRS pano kit. Thinking about either the Classic 8214 or Pro 8314. Ive never used or needed a cantilever column before, and not sure its worth the extra weight, length and cost...though the differences are pretty minimal in all 3 cases.

    Is the Classic more stable than the Pro? Both rated at 22lbs...so maybe not. The 2 way pan/tilt with the short column could be nice...but ill but a leveling base on it anyways so not sure that matters.

    Any opinions on the Pro (cantilever column) vs the Classic?
    ----------------------
    http://adamsatushek.com

Similar Threads

  1. ProMaster System Pro 2n Tripod
    By LyleB in forum Gear
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2010, 08:45
  2. Tripod mount system question.
    By Noeyedear in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3-Dec-2009, 04:17
  3. Giotto ballheads
    By paul owen in forum Gear
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-Oct-2004, 18:35
  4. Giotto 8180 tripod?
    By Frank Lahorgue in forum Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3-Sep-2004, 12:54

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •