Thread: De Vere 504 Assembly - HELP!

De Vere 504 Assembly - HELP!

I recently bought a De Vere 504, the free-standing floor model. In order to get it out of that basement and into mine, I had to take it apart. Disassembly was not as obvious as one might think and I now have no idea how to get it back together. When I took the column off the base, the top gear drives fell down into the base. I had to take the covers off the chain assembly and now I have no clue where everything goes. I bought a manual but it was not of much use in getting it back together. Don't tell me I am an idiot since I already know that. Help!

Tuesday email KHB. I'm assuming you're in North America. Ask them if they have a repair manual or something. Or maybe they can give you some info on the phone.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/

Congratulations with your recent purchase, Don. I've found the De Vere 504s to be one of the better enlargers for my taste and use. If the source mentioned in a previous post can't help you -or if you're in Europe- I'd recommend to get in touch with the folks in England manufacturing the De Veres:

http://www.odyssey-sales.com

I've found these guys to be very helpful; they sent me the parts I needed and a decent technical manual within a week. Good luck putting the thing back together; My 504 tried to knock me out at one point when I removed the head without tightening down the head carrier properly. The spring pressure released when the head came off resulted in the carrier hitting me square on the chin as I leaned over it. Not particularly pleasant, I can assure you.