Thread: d5 assembly

d5 assembly

I'm having problems attaching and aligning a d5 dichroic head. Is there a diagram or manual in PDF somewhere to assist me?

Many Thanks!

Octogenarian

d5 assembly

Hi Dan,

Harry Taylor, at www.classic-enlargers.com, sells an instruction manual for the Omega D-5 enlarger. The info. on the website does not mention the D-5 dichroic head, but Classic Enlargers is a good place to begin a search for information about Omega Enlargers. Perhaps you can give Harry a call. He is very knowledgeable and helpful.

d5 assembly

Try this: http://www.fpointinc.com/data/Omega/partdx.htm?

d5 assembly

Try darkroompro.com. They have both the D5 manual and the Omega Technical Service Manual.

d5 assembly

First align the lens with the base board and then level the neg stageto the base.

I must asume you are generally familiar with the procedure, so I`ll skip the details. Level the lens front to rear using the upper rear carriage. Loosen the allen screws on the ends, and use a small allen wrench in the hole in the shaft between the wheels. Rotate the shaft, it`s on an eccentric, until the lens is level f-rear. Tighten the allen screws. Level the lens l-r by loosening the two phillips screws facing you at the bottom end of the focus track. Retighten.

Now level the neg stage with the four obvious bolts, two on each side.

Keep the head on the column while all adjustments are made as the weight does influence f-r alignment. The position should be between the smallest and largest prints you make.

I have used cheap levels for this as precision is not necessary, only repeatability. This means mark one side a rear and right and always place it in the machine in that orientation.

My machine is capable of showing sharp grain in the center and all for corners with the 10x Omega (Peake) grain focuser with the lens wide open.

E mail for details as necessary.