Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody knows about Lu Pa Udine camera?

Re: Anybody knows about Lu Pa Udine camera?

Quote Originally Posted by bracan View Post
    Hello and sorry for late reply,
    Camera is weight roughly around 50-75kg. Unfortunatelly, I dont have both leaded counterweight, just one. Still very heavy. Check for working wheels under the base, without wheels youre doomed.
    All the best!!!
    Thank you! That is good advice and I am hurdly waiting for camera to cum. Just one more question, how high is camera? I am wondering if it will fit in caravan with rear seats down?

Best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by zvjeran View Post
    Thank you! That is good advice and I am hurdly waiting for camera to cum. Just one more question, how high is camera? I am wondering if it will fit in caravan with rear seats down?

Best regards!
    That will be somewhat individual, as studio stands (and stand-integrated cameras) have usually been dimensioned to order - older ones from times when portrait was a business of its own often did not make it much beyond (standing) eye level, to maybe 1.7-1.8m, but the Lupa being relatively young (post war until fairly recent), it will often have been ordered higher, to suit more universal studio requirements.

The one I ran across was around 2m. The whole thing can be disassembled (but it would take some time, it obviously was not designed for transportable use), and I estimated that taken apart into six large bits (camera, base, counterweights and column tubes) it would have just about fit a Golf class car with all passenger seats down...

Here http://web.archive.org/web/201607131...-/142050932993 is another Lupa. Depending on configuration, works with lenses from 47 mm to 150 mm.

The recently Kickstarted Mercury embodies some of the same ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Here http://web.archive.org/web/201607131...-/142050932993 is another Lupa. Depending on configuration, works with lenses from 47 mm to 150 mm.

The recently Kickstarted Mercury embodies some of the same ideas.
    That is a very nice design. I remember the listing.

Now the question, could that be built today, for double that price?

I'm trying to be generous with cost, maybe I am too low...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    That is a very nice design. I remember the listing.
    Now the question, could that be built today, for double that price?
    I'm trying to be generous with cost, maybe I am too low...
    It is clever, but a rise and shift so restricted to a polar 360° orientation is unusual.

To answer your question, certainly with modern casting and automated CNC, but the profit motive must consider how very few would be in demand, so the price must be great. But you know that very well.

So, Randy, let's make a few of common materials susceptible to shop tools. Diverging - you already have a starting point if you make an eccentric rotated lens board for your 4x5 Printex.

I am just playing Devil's advocate as it seems many think our cameras are over market.

I maintain that some cameras and most lens will not be remade and cherish what we have.

As an example, not 5 minutes ago, I was talking to a video production teacher. His school is getting him a Black Magic, but not 4K. then he shook his head and complained that pros were now using 8K.

I laughed and tomorrow we will test this ephemeral toy. Just then a young guy stopped, caught a Polemon right at my door!

So exciting. Then I hold him that's why I like film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    It is clever, but a rise and shift so restricted to a polar 360° orientation is unusual.

To answer your question, certainly with modern casting and automated CNC, but the profit motive must consider how very few would be in demand, so the price must be great. So, Randy, let's make a few of common materials susceptible to shop tools.
    Tin Can

Looks "robust", unlike my experience with Italian cars....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Just then a young guy stopped, caught a Pokemon right at my door!

So exciting. Then I hold him that's why I like film.
    So, Randy - has there been any instance of a pokemon being discovered on a film image yet? It's kinda like those fairy-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden pictures taken in 1917... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottingley_Fairies

Neil