Thread: Resale Value of a Cezanne Elite?

Unhappy Resale Value of a Cezanne Elite?

(fear not moderators, this isn't a 'for sale' post - I don't know its true value!)

Hello all, I hope this type of post is excusable! The time has come to sell my Cezanne Elite. I really don't know what to ask for it and was hoping I could be guided by the good peeps here.

It's a Cezanne Elite with a mac G5 and colour Genius EX 2.1 for OSx. I be more specific about what's on offer when I sell it. I've had a look in the For Sale section, but there seems to be little consistency with the prices, and many 'sales' look to be from some time ago.

It'll be a painful sale, I'm hanging up the camera to retrain as a programmer. Somebody tell me I'm not mad!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bohngy; 26-Mar-2013 at 02:30. Reason: added additional info.

Re: Resale Value of a Cezanne Elite?

Condition is very important, as are accessories and location. In good condition, $2000 or so is a ballpark figure.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I think that number is OK. Hard to find units in superb shape. So if you have one you'll do fine. It's a great machine.

As Peter says condition is paramount. What does the platten look like, clean as a whistle or lots of mars. scrapes, hold down clamps, servicable or crappy. Accessories and spares add up. That's what determines price. I've seen some that are pretty beaten up that I passed on going for nearly the $2k price mentioned. Surprising having a scsi solution makes it far more attractive. G3 or G4, no big deal, 1.0 vs 2.0, really nothing different in software, just which machine they run on. But a working computer with plenty of memory with a decent scsi care helps alot as this setup is a challenge to find in decent shape.

bob

Thanks for your help, after much consideration I think I'll try it here in the for sale section, then "the worlds favourite internet auction site" if I'm feeling brave.
    I'll still continue my forum lurking here, as I can't bare to sell my Crown Graphic(ahem... just about large format!)