Thread: Gnass Gear field camera case

Gnass Gear field camera case

Just thought that some of you who prefer to use regular backpacks rather than photographic packs that there is a new case offered by Justin Gnass (www.gnassgear.com) This is designed to house the folded camera and a focus cloth and allow it to be safely stored inside a backpack - lenses can be packed in his superb lens cases! I have no links with Gnass Gear and I am simply a VERY happy user of his lens cases and film holders!

Jean-Louis Llech

Thanks for the info, Paul,
    I ordered this case ten days ago for my Master Technika, with lens cases, a film holder file and a rapid load file.
    I also ordered his new darkcloth, to change my antique red and black cloth.
    I don't like the hook-and-loop closure focusing clothes, as my claustrophobia prevents me from breathing inside these "tunnels".

Justin Gnass lens cases, as well as all what he produces, seem to be the best equipment for large format photographers, who are very often forgotten by bags and cases producers.
    I hope I'll be happy too.

I have one on order, along with one of Justin's Dark Cloths. Hopefully I'll receive them this week.

All of the items that I've bought from Justin have been of excellent quality and function. I have three of his lens cases, sheet film holder wraps and a holder for my Polaroid 545i with room for Polaroid film as well.

Top notch stuff ....

I have his 4x5 & 8x10 sheet film holder wraps, but that holder for the Quickload looks interesting, I'll have to look into that and maybe one of the lens cases for 8x10 lenses.

William D. Lester

The Quickload holder is excellent. My only comments are that I wish the lens cases had some better form of attaching a shoulder strap or belt loops. I would also prefer it if the cases were offered with straps. Apparently they are available but were not listed on the website, at least when I ordered mine. Justin offered to throw in a strap when I purchased my Quickload holder, lens case and sheet film holders, but none showed up. A subsequent message to him regarding this went unanswered. Otherwise they are all excellent products.

Re: Gnass Gear field camera case

Quote Originally Posted by paul owen View Post
    Just thought that some of you who prefer to use regular backpacks rather than photographic packs that there is a new case offered by Justin Gnass (www.gnassgear.com) This is designed to house the folded camera and a focus cloth and allow it to be safely stored inside a backpack - lenses can be packed in his superb lens cases! I have no links with Gnass Gear and I am simply a VERY happy user of his lens cases and film holders!
    Does this company still exist?

Not sure but wonder if any relation to Jeff...

http://www.jeffgnass.com/home/home.cfm

I believe Jeff is Justin's brother ....

I think Gnass gear is gone, but go www.photobackpacker.com to find current products that do the same thing.
    Bruce is a good guy.
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France