Thread: Bogen 3068

Question Bogen 3068

i saw this Bogen 3068 at a pawn shop near by and i was wondering if anyone has used this tripod with a 3066 video camera head for an 8x10 camera (for my 2-D) they are asking $275 (i was going to offer a lower price) could anyone let me know what they think all opinions and suggestion are welcomed. Thanks

loujon

Re: Bogen 3068

Quote Originally Posted by dzek114 View Post
    i saw this Bogen 3068 at a pawn shop near by and i was wondering if anyone has used this tripod with a 3066 video camera head for an 8x10 camera (for my 2-D) they are asking $275 (i was going to offer a lower price) could anyone let me know what they think all opinions and suggestion are welcomed. Thanks
    I think that's a bit of high price for an old Bogen 3068 tripod. If you make an offer don't go over $125 give or take a few bucks. There are soooo many older larger stick sets out there so you can find better deals.

You can usually pick up an older Bogen-Gitzo-Majastic or maybe any make of wooden surveyor/movie/still tripod on Craigs-list(with a diligent daily check in). I would look there first. The fact that you live in Cali you should surly be able to find a less expensive (less than $275 anyways) tripod for your 8x10.

Just my opinion so take it w/ a grain.

Thanks much for the positive reply and all the good information. I'll definitly check out craigs-list, thanks a lot for the idea and again thanks for the reply.

Another good tripod is the bogen 3051, it's really heavy (12lbs) but I got one a couple years ago for around 100$ I've used the 2D with the 3021, those are cheap and readily available, but you gotta get a sturdy head to balance out the weight. Good luck!

Thanks guys for the info, i went on craigslist like Mr. Pacilla said i should do, found a guy with a Davis & Sanford tripod w/Majestic head for $100, i'm going to take a look at it next week, will let you know how it went. Thanks again.