Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Photographing women - need your advice

45-57-617

Re: Photographing women - need your advice

I think someone suggested skinny film but seriously I think what is needed is a 'thin' negative is it not? :-)

Les

Indeed, this is rather intriguing challenge and perhaps it should be thought in our colleges - univ. I'd probably just photo her ear with some nice earring and call it a day. Maybe fire in the studio would help > smoke and mirrors ? Maybe the expectations are not lined up with reality.

Les

Hallo All,

after reading all the comments IŽll give my theory a chance. As a film holder has two sides, ÍŽll shoot one with tilt an one without. IŽll try some better posings and unusual camera positions too. Well in four weeks she comes rolling over me, he he.
    George

this is why i don't take pictures of my girlfriends anymore... they were never happy!!

prefer street, and landscapes.... !

good luck!

Reading through this good advice, I can't help but think this would be the perfect thread for one Frank Petronio!

Quote Originally Posted by john borrelli View Post
    Reading through this good advice, I can't help but think this would be the perfect thread for one Frank Petronio!
    Yes John! I know what Frank would suggest. "Do not photograph her, look for a cute and well shaped model."

George

New Orleans, LA

This is second-hand hearsay so take it with a grain of salt: A well-known photographer of young, mostly nude women came to town to conduct a workshop about photographing any subject and "bringing out the beauty in them." The local coordinator found a couple of local models who are not beautiful in the traditional, mass-market sense of the word but certainly willing to take their clothes off. When the photographer showed up he went ballistic because they did not look like the women he is known for photographing. So glad I didn't drop $1200 on that workshop. As Seinfeld's Dad says, "Cheap fabric, and dim lighting. That's how you move merchandise."

Well, only one and a half our, then she will show up. IŽm a little bit scared. But IŽll survive.

George