Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1821

Thread: Collodion - Wet Plate Images

Re: Collodion - Wet Plate Images

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    I really dig this plate Paul!
    Thank you Louis!

rayograph

Paul, this is long over due as I rarely chime in. I've been admiring and following your WP work since you started posting. I really appreciate how you balance your aesthetic sensibility and the technical. One is not carrying the other. Balance... its what I strive for. Keep up the excellent work. Inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post

Here on my farm there's a long wooded peninsula formed by a winding section of the river that surrounds the property, and I like to explore it as often as I can. (Its often partially/fully underwater in the winter, but not so much this year)
    Today it was a balmy 60F so I took my 8X10 Deardoff down into the woods and photographed some of the fern-covered trunks.
    This photo is a wet plate collodion image, made with the Symmar-S 240mm Schneider lens. I don't normally use this lens for tintypes because its TOO sharp, but today it worked better than my Darlot lens, which was too soft to capture the detail I wanted, plus it flares badly in challenging light. Its a three minute trek from this spot back to my darkroom, so it is taking about 8 minutes from the moment I leave the darkroom till I am back in it, ready to develop the plate.

You can see a larger version of the photo here: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4755/3...ec6ae308_k.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rayograph View Post
    Paul, this is long over due as I rarely chime in. I've been admiring and following your WP work since you started posting. I really appreciate how you balance your aesthetic sensibility and the technical. One is not carrying the other. Balance... its what I strive for. Keep up the excellent work. Inspiring!
    Thank you very much! I'm still getting acquainted with the process, but I hope I can become really good at it. I love its aesthetics.

New piece today, on Aluminum: Amaryllis 'Ruby Star' on 8X10.

Persistence
    8X10 wet plate collodion image on aluminum. Deardorff + 15" Lerebours et Secretan lens at f5, 110 seconds. Old Workhorse collodion used.

onions are fun
    4x5

@rariola77, having just (as in, today) embarked upon my wet plate journey, I can only admire the perfection you're capable of! Excellent image.

Here's my second plate ever; I'm still waiting for the glue on my dipper to set, so I sensitized using a tray. Poe boy collodion on ca. 9x11.5cm glass plate scanned as color negative. I intend to explore the wet plate process mostly to make negatives for alt. process printing. First I'll have to get the basics down and it's doubtlessly going to be a very long and rocky road.

@koraks:
    Very nice first plate! You are going to do very well with this technique, I expect. Keep them coming!

Tomatillo Seed Husks.
    Wet plate collodion on aluminum. Lens used was my Kodak Ektar 12", at f16 I believe.

Magical!

Tomatillo Seed Husks.
    Wet plate collodion on aluminum. Lens used was my Kodak Ektar 12", at f16 I believe.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Thank you very much! I'm still getting acquainted with the process, but I hope I can become really good at it. I love its aesthetics.

New piece today, on Aluminum: Amaryllis 'Ruby Star' on 8X10.
    This is absolutely gorgeous! The luminosity of the petals... On aluminium? I can only imagine how beautiful this is in person.
    I also have to echo rayograph - you have the technical aspects of the craft perfectly supporting the aesthetics. This plate in particular simply glows!