Thread: Ansco 8x10 lensboard

Ansco 8x10 lensboard

I picked up an Ansco 8x10 a few weeks ago. I now have a lens in a Copal 3 on the way. The Ansco came with a lensboard + flange, but the flange has an i.d. of ~3-3/16" which I believe that's far too large for a Copal 3. Can anyone recommend a source for lensboards? Are blank boards or boards with a flange for a Copal 3 readily available or should I plan on having a local woodworker knock out a few blanks and getting a flange from S.K.Grimes or the like?

Thanks, Chris

Ansco 8x10 lensboard

I had Richard Ritter make me an adapter board for my Ansco 8x10 so that I could use 4x4 boards for it. It cuts down on weight and the space 6x6 boards take up in my camera bag (I believe the Ansco uses 6x6 boards).

Ansco 8x10 lensboard

A Copal #3 takes a 65mm hole, or slightly larger than 2 1/2" in size. But, I second the suggestion of standardizing on smaller boards, and having an adapter board made for the camera - particularly if you might eventually end up using the lenses on multiple cameras. For example, I use Toyo 110mm boards for virtually all of my lenses, so they'll fit directly on my 45AX, or with adapter boards on the 45C, 810G, or my Tachihara 810 woodfield. Nifty. I made the adapter for the Tachihara, but use the Toyo adapter board for the 45C and 810G.

Ansco 8x10 lensboard

Thanks for suggesting an adapter board. That sounds like the way to go. The Ansco takes a huge board: 7-7/16" x 7-1/2".

Chris

Ansco 8x10 lensboard

Chris,

If you can't find a adapter board that will fit the Ansco, Richard Ritter (http://www.lg4mat.net/) will make one for you. I had him make the adapter board I'm using. I think it cost me around $90 but I can't remember the exact price.