Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon printing Demo and Gallery Talk, University of the Arts, Philadelphia, SOON!

Carbon printing Demo and Gallery Talk, University of the Arts, Philadelphia, SOON!

Vaughn Hutchins - Carbon Printing Demo and Workshop - Saturday, March 2nd, Anderson Hall, Room 632

Photographer Vaughn Hutchins will demonstrate the carbon printing process on Saturday, March 2 from 11:00 to 1:00 in Anderson Hall, rooms 632 and 608-10. From 2:00 on he will work with a small group of students and faculty who have brought their own negatives to work with the carbon process. This workshop will continue on Sunday, March 3, when he will again work with individuals on carbon printing from 11:00-1:00 and from 2:00 on. Vaughn lives and works in the north coast of California, and travelled from Arcata, California for this workshop. His visit is sponsored jointly by the Printmaking Department, and the Photography Program's McGonnigal Trust for the Support and Appreciation of Hand Altered Photography.

On Tuesday, March 5, Vaughn will give a gallery talk about his exhibition "Light off the Landscape" currently on view in Gallery 1401, in Terra Hall on the 14th floor at 1:00 PM.

The talk and demonstration is open to the public!

We look forward to seeing you there!

Harris Fogel

-------------

Harris Fogel
    Associate Professor - Photography
    Program Director, Photography, CAMD School of Art
    Director / Curator, Sol Mednick Gallery and Gallery 1401
    The University of the Arts
    320 South Broad Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vaughn_Hutchins_Gallery 1401_PR_2_26_13.pdf  

Re: Carbon printing Demo and Gallery Talk, University of the Arts, Philadelphia, SOON

Awesome. Planning to be at the demo. Very cool.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: Carbon printing Demo and Gallery Talk, University of the Arts, Philadelphia, SOON

Vaughn, this is great. Spread the word about us West Coast carbon printers!

Let me know when you bring the show to Bangkok!

Will do, Tim!

It is a bit scarey giving workshop without being able to having my usual van load of equipment! But if I can do in across the continent, why not over an ocean!LOL!

You might have the "support vehicle" shipped ahead!

Photos of the show!

The print with the wood frame has no glass and people are encouraged to touch the carbon print and fell the raised relief. it also has some basic info about the carbon printing process. I try to tie in some education with my shows.

Vaughn

PS...thanks to Harris Fogel for the gallery images!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HFogel-6959.jpg   HFogel-6958.jpg   HFogel-6955.jpg   HFogel-6954.jpg  

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Looks real good Vaughn. Congrats and have a great time at the show.

I saw the exhibit yesterday. All I can say is, Bravo!

I'll try to get to the talk on Tuesday as well.