Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any recomendations for some cheap metal work?

Re: Any recomendations for some cheap metal work?

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Contact SK Grimes. Since you already have the appropriate flange and board, you can send those items, along with the lens, and they will mount it for you.

I had this done very recently with my 70's vintage Xenar 210/4.5 Copal-3 on a Linhof board. They did an excellent job, and it wasn't very costly. It works just fine on my Chamonix.

If you want a retaining ring, you'll have to know the exact diameter and thread size that will fit your lens. You will also need the spacer, as has been mentioned. SK Grimes does sell rings and spacers, but again it's easier to send the lens to them and have them mount it for you.

--P
    Preston, how much is "not too costly"?

Preston, how much is "not too costly"?
    You can contact them via the email at their site. Include your pictures, and description such as you have here.

They are likely to write back within a couple days with a quote. Then you will know for certain.

It worked for me. Over the years they have mastered this kind of work to the extent that the prices are reasonable.

Preston Birdwell

Paul,

Each project that SK Grimes does has different requirements, so my cost may or may not be the same as the cost for your project. As Jac says, contact them with as much info as you can and they will reply with a quote.

They do suggest that you send the parts that you have to them. They will evaluate what needs to be done and will reply with a quote. This option leaves less to chance, in my opinion.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Oh just do it yourself. You need a hacksaw and a course file. Use the hacksaw to remove as much of the material around the thicker threaded ring as you can. Use the file to remove the rest. The hacksaw or a finer file can be used to make notches for a spanner. It'll take you 45 minutes and you'll have it now.
    -Chris