Thread: Optex T260 tripod

Optex T260 tripod

I have just sold an Optex T260 tripod. I never used this tripod nor did it come with instructions. The person I sold it to has asked me "How do you attach the camera to the tripod". Now if I had the tripod in fromt of me I may be able to answer that question, but not having a photographic memory I can not remember all the details. Can anyone answer this. Thanks - Nicola.

Octogenarian

Optex T260 tripod

Hi Nicola,

It seems that OpTex is the distributor for Manfrotto products in the U.K. Although I couldn't find a T260 model listed, I assume it is a Manfrotto tripod. These products are sold under the name, Bogen/Manfrotto, in the U.S. They are very popular. I own three Bogen/Manfrotto tripod outfits, in various sizes.

In order to attach a camera to the tripod legs, you need a tripod head. The head is attached to the tripod, and the camera is mounted on the head. There is a large selection of tripod heads in various styles and sizes. Did the tripod that you sold include a head?

Optex T260 tripod

Thanks so much Eugene for your help. No, I don't think the tripod had a 'head'. I have forwarded this information on to the chap I sold it too, I'm sure it will answer his question. Once again thank you for your prompt answer!

Optex T260 tripod

No Optek may sell manfrotto.

"Lowepro UK will become authorised distributor for Manfrotto camera support products from December 6th 2003,"

Lowepro UK's new name is Daymen International, Ltd.

Optex T260 tripod

Dear Nicola, The Optes T260 has a removable Quickshoe that clipes in and is easily removed using a lever at the top of the tripod. The Quick shoe, once removed has a mounting screw handle that permits you to secure this to the bottom of the commers. Then the quickshoe with camers attrached lcoks back into the top of the tripod.

John

Re: Optex T260 tripod

Part of the platform of my t 260 tripod is missing.
    does anyone have an extra piece to part with?
    thanks!