Thread: Linhof adapter from 2x3 to 4x5

Linhof adapter from 2x3 to 4x5

I have a Linhof Super Technika 23 V and I am looking for an adapter that let goes from 2x3 to 4x5. Recently I bought an original Linhof catalog from the 70'S and this item existed. Does anybody knows something about it? Is it still available ? Thank you for any answer !

Marcelo Isarrualde

No.

There is an adapter to reduce 45 Technika to 23 but not the other way around. For the Technica 45 you would need reducing frame 001608 + the 23 Quick Change back with ground glass and folding hood 001617.

001608 is no longer in production.

As of the 1976 catalog there was no conversion as you mention. Where did you see reference to it?

Over the years there have been a number of extension backs to convert to a larger film size. The most recent that come to mind were a couple of Japanese cameras. I think Horseman may have been one of them and, if so, perhaps it could be modified to fit your Linhof. I have an older Linhof catalog (ca. 1958) which doesn't show one either, but I suppose it could have been an item marketed only briefly. If it does exist, it might show up on eBay Germany, but for some reason many German sellers will not ship outside Deutschland.

Your best bet might be to have one made up. It would have to be thick enough to avoid vignetting. I don't know the dimensions of your lensboard. You might want to check to make sure it would take the lens(es) you would want to use.

Bob.....I hate to say it but you are wrong....

In the 1965 Linhof catalog.....it is clearly there.... It is pictured on a Technika 70 and it states that it allows usage of the 4x5/9x12 format in conjuction with a 90mm Super Angulon.

There is no "code" number or letter code....it is listed as "Adapter 6.5x9/9x12 (2 1/4 x 3 1/4 in/4x5 in)"

Apparently (according to Lens and Repro and Steve Gandy) there was a 4x5 to 5x7 adapter back made also.....but it is easier to find the "technika-flex" adapter (converts your 4x5 tech into a TLR) than it is to find the adapter back.

I could scan the image and send it to interested parties....just drop me an email.

Thank you everybody who gave me an answer. The catalog that I have was printed in Germany but the only reference of the catalog is 6603 / 52 e, maybe from 1966 ? I bought several item for my Linhof at Ebay including Ebay Germany, but is is true that for some reason many German sellers will not ship outside Deutschland. In my catalog it is show with the Expert Camera 70. I found an adapter from Horseman but before to try to modified it, I would like to get the original Linhof. If someone wants some pictures from my catalog, I took 3 jpeg that I can send by e-mail.

Marcelo

Yes I did find it in the 1966 Technika General Catalog. But it is not in a 1966 instruction book for the Technika 70 printed in October of 66. The General Catalog was printed in March of 66. Nor is it in a 1970 instruction book for the Expert 70.

The General Catalog indicated it fit both cameras. It also does not appear in the 1973 catalog.

I do have a Feb. 1966 instruction book for the Technika 70 that does show this adapter but marks it as "in preparation".

So yes Linhof listed such an adapter to use a 90mm lens on the 23 but they may have not actually produced it or, if they had, many of them.

Good luck tracking one down.

But wouldn't it be easier, and more practical, to sell your 23 and get a 45 instead? You would not be limited to one lens, you would have more movement and can shoot all roll film formats easily.