Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ektar 203 filter thread size..

Re: Ektar 203 filter thread size..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Keller View Post
    I realize this is an old thread, but I am interested to know if a 36mm filter did indeed fit. I just acquired a Kodak Ektar 203mm f/7.7 in a Compur shutter, too, and I am looking for an appropriate screw-in step-up ring ...
    Rich,

As noted above, it will depend on the shutter the lens is mounted in. If you have a Flash Supermatic (like I do), Kodak says the front threads are 33mm, not a common filter/adapter size. The usual filter-mounting setup was a slip-on adapter to Series VI. I have one of these that I've added a 52mm insert to. Your best solution, IM-HO, would be a custom slip-on to 52mm adapter (or possibly a bit larger if you have filters already). S.K. Grimes will make you one. So can a local machinist.

Best,

Doremus

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Keller View Post
    I realize this is an old thread, but I am interested to know if a 36mm filter did indeed fit. I just acquired a Kodak Ektar 203mm f/7.7 in a Compur shutter, too, and I am looking for an appropriate screw-in step-up ring ...
    Since I last posted in the thread I've acquired a second 203mm f7.7 Exktar, this one's an Eastman Kodak version in a a Graphic Synchro Compur #1 shutter unlike the UK Mount 370 which was in a Compur #0 (or #0 Epsilon/Prontor SVS).

I've no small screw in filters but suspect the Ektar needs a 36.5mm filter, the OD of the front of the barrel is 38.08mm and the inside of the filter threads 35.72mm so a 36mm filter will be a touch under-size .

Ian

I've a Series VI adapter ring on mine. IIRC it will accommodate the 49mm filters from my old Nikon SLR kit but I have no way of checking that out right now, sorry!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    I've a Series VI adapter ring on mine. IIRC it will accommodate the 49mm filters from my old Nikon SLR kit but I have no way of checking that out right now, sorry!
    Rick's asking about a late version of the lens which has a wider barrel than the earlier US ones and is in a Compur #1.

Ian

If you get a Series VI slip-on adapter you can use a 44-52mm step-up ring to get from the adapter to 52mm filters. At least in works with my Kodak adapters. This place has the step-up ring: http://www.filterfind.net/Step_rings.html. Probably not the correct threads on each part but close enough to work.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your responses. Before looking into the aformentined Series VI slip-on adaptor, I decided to take a chance on a 36mm step-up ring.

Again, my particular lens is a Kodak Ektar 203mm f7.7 in a Graphic Synchro-Compur #1 shutter. Because I could not find a 36mm-52mm step-up ring, I acquired a Bower 36mm-46mm step-up ring to be paired with a Sensei 46-52mm step-up ring.

At first, it appeared that the 36mm-46mm step-up ring might be a tad undersized, but as I *gently* continued rotating this step-up ring into the Ektar front thread it screwed in perfectly! As expected, the paired 46mm-52mm also fit perfectly on top. I have attached photos of the end result.

For those interested, I obtained both of these step-up rings from B&H. The Bower ring is priced at $5.95 and the Sensei ring at $3.49.

Cheers!

- Rick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	134429

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	134430