Hi,

I posted similar topic already to APUG, but as this is quite strange issue, I ask your opinions too.

I have got very strange blotches on my Fuji Acros 4x5 (quickload) sheets. All those sheet are exposed during november and december 2012 (I was photographing at Japan).
The film itself is bought from Japan couple of years ago and this was last box I had. It was dated due 10/2011.

The problem, it's like a increased fog but not evenly distributed. Instead it's formed from kind of a blotches like this scan sample (about one quarter of sheet) shows. The density of fog is around 0.4 - 0.6 and it's visible everywhere including very edges of the sheet.

These are visible to bare eye and I really don't know the cause.
Here's another sample:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45_2012-12-13-3_blotches_web.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	89479

And bigger crop:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45_2012-12-13-3_blotches_zoom_web.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	89480

I have found them from negatives developed in Pyrocat-HD and D-76, so it's unlikely developer problem.
Today I developed negativesin both developers and both batch had at least one ruined negative.
I have processed films on Paterson Orbital tank/daylight tray which is modified like this one: http://www.rogerandfrances.com/photo...20orbital.html

One cause that I can imagine is roughened base.. But as it's against the base of the film it should not have any effect. It's only for preventing films from sticking on the base and allows some developer/pre soak water flow under the film sheet thus helping removing the antihalation layer.

Another could be the glue used to attach sheet with it's place. But the glue is in contact with sheet only at the edges.

The strangest thing is that this does not happen every time. Still the developing procedure is always as consistent as I can do.

The Neopan Acros is only film that has these. TMX, TMY, Fomapan 200, Fomapan 100, ... Not a single problem.

I have tried water stop and normal stop bath, no difference. Also refixing does not remove fog.
The temperatures should be really close to 20°C. The biggest change in temperature happens when pre soak water is poured in. The film and tank is initially around 22°C and the pre soak water is 20°C.

Any ideas? Am I messing up or is this something else?