Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who, where, and what ????

Who, where, and what ????

Rone Bose: No, I haven't been to Karratha. Have you been to Saskatoon?

Before this gets out of hand, I concede - you've got more towns within 2500km than I have. :-)

Hi Jane, Bill Jefferson, live in Vermont, Work in Waltham, Mass. Polaroid Corp. YES comute daily 165 miles one way. Shoot mostle Barns, Foliage, Landscapes (before they all disapear). Use, 4x5 and 8x10. Primarily Polaroid film, Sr. Evaluation Technician, so i use an average of 60 sheets 4x5 and 20 sheets 8x10 in work daily, also shoot, 35mm, 120, 2-1/4 x 3-1/4. Shoot some digital from the explorer when comuting,(got quite good at shooting at 65 mph). I keep an eye on this forem to help u guys out when i can.

Hello Jane; I'm Nick Morris, 58, from Richmond Virginia, amatuer, though I have taken some assignments. I started with photography about 10 years ago, with 35mm (Pentax MX and ME Super) and 120 (Rollei TLR). About 7 years ago started using a 4x5 (Super Graphic). Two years ago I built a B&W darkroom in my home and started using an 8x10, exclusively. It was like starting over, but is the most personally rewarding approach I've experienced. I shoot people, places and things. For the most part, I try to respond to what I see as I go about the day to day of my life, but will get ideas that I will try to realize on film. For various reasons, W. Eugene Smith, Edward Weston, Paul Strand, Harry Callahan, Nicholas Nixon, Michael Smith and Paula Chamlee;and Sally Mann are the photographers that have provided me with inspiration, as have a number of lesser known and unknown dedicated practionors. After using an Eastman 2D 8x10 for two years, I just got an old grey Ansco 8x10, with 3 backs - 8x10, and 5x7; 4x5 reduction backs. I have a small assortment of Dagor and Wollensak lenses for the Ansco. I'm glad to see the response to this posting, and would like to thank all the participants. It has been a great place to learn and share photographic experiences.

Sorry for being late ...

Maybe you´re still interested:

My name is Rainer Schoditsch.

I live in the very eastern province of Austria, called Burgenland, close to the Hungarian border. Oh Yes, Austria HAS provinces and is NOT a province of Germany itself! ;-)

I´m an amateur, that spends far too much money on photography, trying to become a semipro now to obtain some "Return on Investment" at last ...

Shooting: Arch, landscape, stills, people, anything else -

using digital, MF, 4x5" (Cambo and Linhof TK)