Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who, where, and what ????

Who, where, and what ????

My name is Bobby Black and I live in Long Beach, California. While I do shoot 35mm for my job occasionally (PR publicist/writer), I pretty much only shoot 4X5 B&W landscapes -- it's the only type of photgraphy I've ever really wanted to do. Right now, I'm using a stripped-down Super Graphic w/tmax readyloads and top fave places to shoot include the eastern Sierra and the shifting tide pools at local beaches. The big project right now is to learn more about mountaineering/rock climbing so I can get a bit further off the beaten path to shoot.

Long live large format and I hope to be doing it 'til the day I die.

Andrew O'Neill, in Coquitlam, BC, Canada (near Vancouver)

....before that I lived 12 years in Japan. Originally from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. It is in Japan where I got into photography. So, I've been doing if for 13 years. I use an 8x10 Canham LW and also shoot 4x5 with a reduction back. I shoot only B/W (HP5+). I'm interested in anything old with a history also erroded hills along the Thompson River near Kamloops, BC. I'm an amateur. I do it for pure enjoyment. I am planning to go back to Japan in December for a little showing of my work for a coal mining club in the town of Omuta. Of course I'll take some more photos of the old mining buildings there. The last mine closed down in '97. This city went from a century of prosperity to disparity over night. I photographed there for about 5 years. I donated a portfolio to the city for giving me access to all these lovely old buildings (some are over 100 years old). They even gave me a key! Not to the city but to the sites! I should add that I am a high school art teacher. I also teach Japanese.

My name is Brian Schall and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Moved here 6 years ago from Fort Myers, Florida. Went from 100% humidity and sea level to 10% humidity and 5200 feet above sea level. Big change.

I have a complete Nikon AF system (which rarely gets used), an old Konica AR system (great lenses), a couple of recently acquired old Minolta rangefinders (fun cameras with great lenses), a Bronica SQA system (my camera of choice), and a recently acquired Busch Pressman D (want to get into 4X5). I shoot very little due to a 4 year old daughter and a 18 month old son, which takes up most of my time (and at age 52 most of my energy).

I shoot mostly B&W, nature/landscapes. I have a degree in Forestry and Wildlife. I've always been drawn to nature, so why not in my photography.

Computers should be used for typing, not for photography. Just old fashion I guess.

Hi,

I'm Huib

Netherlands

Anything worth to spend a readyload on..

www.huibsmeets.com

multiplex

john nanian in warwick rhode island. i have been doing large format for about 16 years.

i use 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 formats, and i am kind of all over the map when it comes down to what i shoot. i make portraits both studio & location/photojournalistic/documentary portraits of people "at work" and record their workplace. i also do documentary images for the historic american building survey ( habs/haer ).

Matt Miller in Cambridge, Iowa. I use a Holga and an 8x10 Korona. I recently purchased a Kodak Medalist and am rolling my own 620. That 100 Ektar is a damn sharp lens. I shoot lots of different things. I've been taking lots of photographs in my garage lately.

Steve Murray, St. Paul, MN (anyone else from around here? hey,contact me) I shoot 35,120 and 4x5. Started using 4x5 in 1972 for more detail. I like to shoot "natural" portraits, landscape, abstract. I usually process sheets in trays and I like to make my own developers. Just got a used Jobo 2500 tank and stuff to play with. Couldn't pass up a bargain.

jane - excellent idea for a thread!

scott rosenberg

dallas, texas by way of:

fort laurderdale, florida

austin, texas

gainesville, florida

sunnyvale, california

west palm beach, florida

started with a canon ae1 my dad gave me, moved through various 35mm systems to an old 120 system, to tech IV. i currently shoot the technika or a yashica t4. wonderful scenics are not easy to come by in the big-d, but that's what i enjoy shooting.

I'm in Charleston, SC, home of the Humidity Festival and the giant mutant cockroach. I shoot beer cans and tree stumps (aka found objects and landscapes).

Scott Walton and I live north of Boston, MA. I shoot people and products for work but B/W and color (prefer my 4x5) scenics and drift wood and swamp stumps and studio flowers when the weather is bad...when I need to "recharge my batteries". Brian, from above post, and I went to Tent Rocks and I think I saw heaven... when I had to shoot in NM for a weekend. Hey Brian!!!