Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who, where, and what ????

Who, where, and what ????

I lifted this idea from another thread but nobody took it up "Might be interesting to take a poll to learn the number, ages, sex and experience of those using this forum".

I'd be interested to know who lurks here-abouts so I'll pose the questions:

1) Who are you?

2) Where do you live?

3) What do you shoot?

Only fair, since I'm doing the asking, to start thangs off myself.

1) Dianne Best (better known as Calamity Jane)

2) Manitoba, Canada (after living MANY other places in Canada)

3) Amateur. Wilderness and rural landscapes and interesting scenes - 6x4.5 up to now, moving into LF.

So, let's see how broad a spectrum is represented on this board.....

Hi Dianne, sorry for calling you Jane in a previous post. It may come as a big surprise but my name is Edward and I live in the Halifax area. I shoot mostly landscapes and seascapes with a CC400 and a Yashicamat. I have been taking pictures for about 15 years although I started with 4X5 only 3 years ago. I tend to bounce back and forth between colour and b&w. I am in a colour phase now. I have sold exactly one picture so I guess it is safe to call me an amatuer. Here is what I have been shooting lately.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=85468

Call me Jane - everybody else does.

My name is Francesco Cicoli Abad, an Italian living in Stockholm, Sweden. I shoot only B&W 8x10. My work can be seen here www.cicoli.com.

My parents call me Nghi and so does everyone else. I'm a second-year medical student at the University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine. Before moving to San Francisco for medical school I lived in Orange County with my parents. I started with an old 35mm Minolta XG-7 and a 50mm lens back in 1996. I made the move to a Mamiya RZ67II a few years ago and to LF very recently. My subjects are natural and urban landscapes, architecture, and things in the macro range.

My name is Curtis Nelson. I live and work in beautiful Utah Co., Utah. I've been interested in photography for 23 years (started with a Chinon CM4), but only started shooting 4x5 about 2 years ago. I shoot mainly b&w landscapes, but I'm going to try my hand at architecture (old buildings) soon. In the couple of years I've been at it, I have maybe 3 prints I'm proud of : )

1) The old man who built that ugly barn. 2) Right next door to that ugly barn. 3) Deer, woodchucks, and anyone who gets too close to my tractor! Never shot an "amateur" though. Must need a special license for that?

Oh, ummm, you mean with a camera...

Sorry, just couldn't resist... Even though it may be true ;-)

Name's Rich. I live about 40 miles South of Rochester, NY, USA. I started seriously with photography a good 35+ years ago in 35mm. Still use my Minolta XK's because noone's come out with anything better! Moved to 4x5 a few years ago with Graflex Crown, Speed and View cameras. Did 8x10 a year or two ago with a Burke & James Commercial View. nice but heavy. Finally got a Century Universal 8x10 last year. It's now "my camera" and all I need. I prefer B&W in landscapes, old buildings and macro when I have the patience. Deffinitely an amateur and am trademarking the phrase "I am not a photographer" ;-)

The name 's Van Hove, Jan Van Hove...

I live In Quebec city, Canada (for a few more months, then, when I'm done with my Ph.D., I'm leaving for anywhere in Europe I find a job...)

I shoot mostly with a Hasselblad, but I use more and more my 4x5 Busch-Pressman D, and I'm starting on a ULF project that will take me on a strange journey, i think... I shoot mostly nudes.

You can (if you want, nobody's forcing you...) see my work on my website at www.janvanhove.com ...

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Ole Tjugen, in Bergen, Norway.

I shoot B&W film in an increasing range of sizes: 9x12cm Voigtländer Bergheil, 4x5" Linhof Color, 5x7" Linhof Technika, and I'm in the process of aquiring a 18x24cm wooden "Reisekamera". I'll shoot anything that doesn't move.

Donald Miller Wichita, Kansas

I photograph with large format 4X5, 8X10, and 12X20 formats. I began with scenic landscapes and have more recently moved into abstract.