PDA

View Full Version : First scanned 4x5 image

Meekyman
2-Feb-2013, 07:13
Hello Everyone,

My first scanned image - taken in a local wood on a dull December day. I know it's far from a masterpiece..should have given more breathing space and the plane of focus/depth of field isn't quite right such that the top of the head is out of focus, but I'm happy that I'm getting there and plan on returning to try again when the conditions and time allow. I bought a Chamonix in late Autumn and on available weekends am getting out and slowly getting used to it. Love looking at the slides. Taken on Fuji provia 100f, scanned with an Epson V750 by a commercial scanner and gently edited by me. Making all sorts of mistakes still....film not quite loaded properly, aperture left open etc. but getting less frequent and really feels good to be using a wooden box with my head in a bag!!

Please feel free to comment, but just sharing really. Seriously downsized for web display.

Graham

chassis
2-Feb-2013, 07:26
Nice shot Graham, keep them coming.

photobymike
2-Feb-2013, 07:49
I like the picture.... maybe less contrast if possible with Fuji and less sharpening ... so many times its hard not to crank up the sharpness when scanning. I scan with no sharpness on large negs and apply in post processing. I know your scanner probably defaults on medium ... try none.......

When i first started scanning, i made maybe a fifty different scans of the same image.... with different post processing.... then posted online to see how it looked..... I like your picture but; i can like it more with some scanning adjustments and some post changes..... just a thought..:cool: