PDA

View Full Version : Any issues with TWO scanners on Windows 7 64bit?

renes
29-Jan-2013, 02:15
I have two scanners: Nikon LS 8000ED and Epson 4990 which I am going to connect to my PS with Win7 Pro 64bit. Should I expect any problems or issues with two different scanner drivers? I want to use Epson soft and VueScan (64bit) soft for LS8000ED. I worry about it because my LS8000D scanner just arrived from Nikon service with a new board and power supply - I still do not know what was the reason they have broken down during last connecting. So, I want to be 100% sure before I will do anything.

I thought it maybe a better choice to instal only VueScan for both scanners, is it a good idea?

Any thoughts or suggestion about it? Are the any steps which should I follow when connecting two (these) scanners?

Sevo
29-Jan-2013, 02:29
No issues with a Nikon 9000 and Epson 700 here.

richardman
29-Jan-2013, 03:37
No worry. I have 3 scanners running off Vuescan :-)

renes
29-Jan-2013, 05:23
No worry. I have 3 scanners running off Vuescan :-)

Ok, if I will buy VueScan for LS8000, the same driver will run also Epson 4990, right? No need for a new driver for Epson scanner?

And just to be sure, before powering the LS 8000 on, VueScan should already be instaled?

rdenney
29-Jan-2013, 07:07
Vuescan includes the drivers for both. When you start Vuescan, you'll see a drop box on the main tab for choosing the scanner. When you select the scanner, the user interface will change to reflect the features available with that scanner. Running both scanners under Vuescan has been transparent for me.

Rick "Nikon 8000ED and Epson V750" Denney

renes
29-Jan-2013, 14:28
Vuescan includes the drivers for both. When you start Vuescan, you'll see a drop box on the main tab for choosing the scanner. When you select the scanner, the user interface will change to reflect the features available with that scanner. Running both scanners under Vuescan has been transparent for me.

Rick "Nikon 8000ED and Epson V750" Denney

Thanks.

Rick, explain me one more question please.

VueScan is already instaled, I connect LS8000 and turn it on, than Windows 7 64bit will automaticly find VueScan driver and the scanner will be listed in Device Manager, right? And next I open VueScan software and choose in drop box the LS8000 scanner?

I ask about this because I am a little confused with this all procedure "Registering the Scanner with Windows" written in LS8000 manual.

rdenney
29-Jan-2013, 15:42
Don't worry about that. When you first plug in the scanner, you may get the Windows plug-n-play dialog, but I think you can just close that dialog without letting Windows do anything, and then start Vuescan and let it bring up its own driver. My control panel device manager shows that the driver software was manufactured by Hamrick Software.

Do not install the Nikon software. I didn't even put the Nikon disk in the machine, nor did I let Windows search for a driver. Vuescan installed the driver on its own.

See here. (http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/nikon_coolscan_8000_ed.html)

Rick "noting that Nikon is actually recommending Vuescan for those who need 64-bit support" Denney

kgm
1-Feb-2013, 16:08
I'm running my Minolta Scan Pro Multi and Microtek ArtixScan 1800f on Windows 7 and VueScan, and it's been working well. VueScan automatically identifies which scanner I've got turned on. I had been running these scanners on my old desktop with Windows XP since the software that came with them (including SilverFast) have not been updated for Windows 7. I was very happy to be able to run them with a newer computer and simplify my workflow. I'm getting better scans from the Minolta than I did with the Minolta software.