PDA

View Full Version : Meopta Magnifax stockists, USA

alex_4180
23-Apr-2004, 14:42
Does anyone know of a US stockist of Meopta enlargers (specifically, I'm after a Magnifax 4a Color)? I don't really want to send off to the Czech Republic if I can help it.

Thanks, Alex Columbia, MD

Witold Grabiec
24-Apr-2004, 04:59
According to Meopta's site (at www.meopta.cz) there is a few official dealers in US. Link to dealers list:

http://www.meopta.cz/dealers/

You may have to scroll to USA on the left to view the list.

I must say that while Magnifax is a fine enlarger, I doubt you can better ebay in that department, especially since there is a number of MF enlargers of superior construction you can have in nearly new condition for very little.

Michael S. Briggs
24-Apr-2004, 21:59
I don't know of any dealers. The last one I can remember is Freestyle, but they seem to have dropped the line.

The link that Witold suggested brings up two Meopta dealers in the US -- of rifle and spotting scopes.

With the overhang of used equipement in a declining market, you can get high-end enlargers for a low price on ebay, albeit a somewhat more risk than buying new. Buying used, you will do best to buy an enlarger that has all parts and accessories that you might want. Buying one that is still made, or similar to one still made, will reduce the risk because of better availability of parts and accessories.

alex_4180
25-Apr-2004, 05:37
Yes - it's looking like eBay is the best way forward (in fact I have my eye on a Beseler right now). Chemical isn't dead yet!

Christopher Nisperos
26-Apr-2004, 15:24
contact the FotoImpex USA reseller. FotoImpex-Berlin has a direct line to the factory.