PDA

View Full Version : Score!

Tobywan
15-Jan-2013, 16:29
I got a DeJur Versatile Professional enlarger from fleabay for $9.99 + shipping! Some dents but basically just needed a good cleaning. Icing on the cake is it has a Schneider Componon 135mm 5.6 lens! No longer limited to 4x5 contact prints.
Has anyone got a manual or picture of a negative holder for this?

Ari
15-Jan-2013, 18:40
Maybe you can make one out of two sheets of glass, one plain, the other with made of ANR (Anti-Newton Ring) glass, and sandwich the neg.

Jim Jones
15-Jan-2013, 20:39
The negative carriers consist of two plates made of 3/32" aluminum. Thickness isn't critical. The bottom plate has four pins protruding slightly from the bottom to center the carrier in the enlarger head. If you make a carrier out of plywood or Masonite, these pins could be replaced by two strips of wood. There are four more pins protruding from the top that help center the negative in the carrier, and to precisely locate the top plate over the bottom plate. In my carrier, I've drilled a 1/4" hole near a corner for hanging the carrier on a nail when not in use. The opening is about 3 5/8 X 4 5/8, although this can be sized to one's preference. The plates are 8" square. The DeJur is a fine enlarger. I've used mine for maybe 25 years. With temporary modifications it also works for 35mm negatives.

Tobywan
16-Jan-2013, 05:38
Thanks, Ari and Jim!