PDA

View Full Version : Omega D5XL Univ. Pro-Lab - Lamphouse rattles/loose fitting

aruns
24-Dec-2012, 10:51
Hello Darkroom and Omega experts
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
I recently picked up a Berkey Omega D5XL Universal Pro-Lab enlarger locally, and the lamphouse assembly is loose, leading to rattling and sporadic disconnections (as it did last night when I was in the middle of printing a test strip).
Specifically, the inner dome doesn't fit in its place well, and the lamp socket has about 1-2 inches of play from its place, leading to a lot of rattling and movement.
There seems to be only one screw on the top of assembly, but it does not seem to control the assembly itself.
I was wondering if someone had faced similar problem before, and how to fix it.

Best,
Arun.

ic-racer
25-Dec-2012, 17:26
Condenser head or dichroic/diffusion/color head? What exactly disconnected. The head did not fall off did it? Did the cord come out? Lamp socket making intermittent contact?

Gem Singer
25-Dec-2012, 17:36
Contact Harry at:

www.classic-enlargers.com

Heroique
25-Dec-2012, 17:53
If you also attach an image of your lamphouse, Harry will wax eloquent w/ his expertise.

aruns
26-Jan-2013, 04:07
Hi,
It has been super busy over the past month, and I just logged into LF forum and saw these replies. Thank you very much. I will attach pics tomorrow.

Best regards,
Arun

Vaughn
26-Jan-2013, 09:36
I'll have a look at one of our enlargers later today. I have had some same thing happen, but I just replaced the the entire lamp unit as I have a bunch of extras. But we had no problem with the power getting interrupted...I think that might be a seperate issue, but I'll check on that, too.

Vaughn

aruns
30-Jan-2013, 22:13
Hi Vaughn and others,
thanks much for your inputs.
I have been looking on the local C-list and the flebay for lamphouse assembly, but no luck yet.
Anyways, I have attached some pics to show the problem. Please feel free to share your thoughts..
Thanks,
Arun.

aruns
30-Jan-2013, 22:16
Hi ic-racer,
it is condenser head. it is not entirely disconnected, but is loose. please see pics attached in my previous post today.
The head did not fall off, and the cord is not disconnected. the Lamp socket / holder holds the lamp well, but the ceramic housing is loose, and is not held in place.

thanks again..

aruns
2-Feb-2013, 23:11
All, thanks for your responses. I finally got the time to open it up, and fixed the worn out wires and broken screws for the time being. That ought to do it until I find a replacement.. Thanks again. Cheers.