PDA

View Full Version : Full dark achieved, in my basement

Vick Ko
14-Dec-2012, 20:37
I have a darkroom again.

yippeeee

David Swinnard
15-Dec-2012, 00:14
Lucky fellow. Mine's been packed since we moved early in the year. It was deemed house renos were a higher priority than the darkroom. I'm hoping to finally get at it sometime in the spring. I can hardly wait.

Dan Henderson
15-Dec-2012, 09:48
Having moved to another house in the last year I feel your pain, David. And your joy, Vick. I wonder if film photographers move less often than other people just for the reason of not having a darkroom for some period of time. I told my S.O. and other family members that I have every intention of dying in this house (although hopefully not soon) simply so that I am not deprived of a darkroom again. Although, designing and building a bigger and better one did ameliorate the pain to some degree.

Michael Cienfuegos
17-Dec-2012, 12:29
Having moved to another house in the last year I feel your pain, David. And your joy, Vick. I wonder if film photographers move less often than other people just for the reason of not having a darkroom for some period of time. I told my S.O. and other family members that I have every intention of dying in this house (although hopefully not soon) simply so that I am not deprived of a darkroom again. Although, designing and building a bigger and better one did ameliorate the pain to some degree.

Don't piss her off, your demise might be sooner rather than later.

Vaughn
17-Dec-2012, 14:10
Jeesh...all ya gotta do is close your eyes tighter!

Congrats and get to work!!!!

Oh, and have fun!

Vaughn

cyrus
17-Dec-2012, 14:42
well I have had a darkroom for a while and still cant' say I've acheived full darkness but what few light cracks I have don't seem to affect anything.

Tracy Storer
17-Dec-2012, 17:28
Congratulations on the new Darkroom !
I also moved this year, "killing" the old darkroom was painful. Hoping I can get the new one happening sooner rather than later.