PDA

View Full Version : EverSmart Jazz+ Expert Mode!!! Where / How?

mactastic
29-Nov-2012, 14:28
Hey All,

First time poster.... Very long time lurker.

I've recently acquired a Creo Scitex EverSmart Jazz+ and G4 with EverSmart scan and a few manuals (after a few years of keeping an eye out for a cheap, working system).

So far so good, getting pretty good colour negative scans. Two possible issues though:

1: I do not seem to be able to set the output profile to Adobe98. According to the manual the bit of control I need to change this setting is in "expert mode'. Currently all scans are tagged sRGB.
2: How does one turn Expert Mode on? The manual states it can be turned on with EverSmart Extended application?

For love nor money I have not been able to enable 'expert mode'. Am I wasting my time? I do as much editing as I can in EverSmart scan software so I can make the best of my 8bit Tiffs.

Any thoughts or feed back would be much appreciated.

SergeyT
29-Nov-2012, 18:51
What version of Eversamrt Scan are you running? Try to find the latest Eversmart Scan 3.5.something. It should allow you to save scans of negatives in any profile if I remember correctly. You might need to move to MAC OSX to run that 3.5.x and will need a Ratoc FW to SCSI adapter.

Evanjoe610
29-Nov-2012, 23:04
I think that in the First version of OSX (Jaguar?) you can run the Eversmart Jazz+ in Expert Mode. The first version of OSX recognizes both the FireWire Setup and SCSI. You could run Jaguar off a G4. That was how I ran my Eversmart Jazz+ in SCSI mode. And Sergey is correct, try to find Eversmart Scan 3.5.1, which was the last version for the Jazz and Jazz+.

Evan

What version of Eversamrt Scan are you running? Try to find the latest Eversmart Scan 3.5.something. It should allow you to save scans of negatives in any profile if I remember correctly. You might need to move to MAC OSX to run that 3.5.x and will need a Ratoc FW to SCSI adapter.