PDA

View Full Version : Bellows replacement-Who makes them in the USA?

Thomas Ferko
30-Jan-1998, 12:05
I would like to know what manufacturers in the USA currently make replacement be llows for view cameras at reasonable prices. Is anyone out there satisfied or no t satisfied with a certain manufacturers bellows after purchasing one? I need addresses and phone numbers. Contact: talltandj@aol.com

Bill O'Dell
31-Jan-1998, 10:27
I used Western Bellows Co., 9340 7th st., Suite G, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730-56 64, Phone (909)980-0606, after receiving recommendations for them in the interne t newsgroups. I have been well satisfied with their quality. A second resource which also came recommended was Universal Bellows, 25 Hanse Ave., Freeport NY 1 1520 (516) 378-1264. I hope this information helps.

Brian Ellis
6-Feb-1998, 01:08
A company located in Largo, Florida (a few miles west of Tampa) called Flexible Products makes replacement bellows. They made a replacement bellows for my Linho f Technikardan and I had mixed feelings about the results. The quality of the wo rk and the materials seemed fine in general. However, the Technikardan requires a very thin material for the bellows because of the short distance between the f ront and rear standards when the bellows was folded. The material used was too t hick and didn't allow the camera to be folded properly. The company was very nic e, however, in offering to replace the bellows with one of lighter material. Bef ore I had a chance to take them up on the offer I sold the camera so I don't kno w how another bellows would have worked out.

Jon Grepstad
6-Feb-1998, 20:26
You will find some addresses here: http://home.sol.no/~gjon/lffaq.htm

Sean Billy Bob Boy yates
18-Sep-1998, 02:53
I know this is a little late but my experience with Universal Bellows in Freepor t, NY was quite positive. For 150.00 plus S&H they replaced the bellows on my Ma ster View. It may not be magnificent leather but it seems to be durable vinyl. It's still to new to tell but my pocket book is happy. They even made them lon ger per my request so now I have 32.5 inches of extension instead of 28.

STEVE DAY
28-Nov-2001, 16:04
A & A MFG. In New Berlin, Wi manufactures custom bellows for many optical applications. The complete address is, A & A mfg. 2300 S.calhoun Rd., New Berlin WI, 53151. PH:262-786-1500