PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from central Illinois

RMiksell
5-Nov-2012, 13:43
Dived into large format about a year and a half ago with with the purchase of a Wista 4x5 and have been hooked ever since. I now also have a Cambo Legend 8x10 as well and love all the detail you can capture in an 8x10 negative or slide. I'm fortunate to have a wife that lets me indulge in this. Here's a link to a few of my photos, more will show up as I get them scanned. Soon I hope to scan some of the pictures I took at my son's soccer games as well (I built up quite a backlog getting my scanner up and running).

http://miksellfamily.zenfolio.com

Alan Gales
6-Nov-2012, 15:14
Mister you are a better man than I if you are shooting your son's soccer games with an 8x10 monorail! :cool:

Welcome to the forum. We are all a little crazy here.

RMiksell
9-Nov-2012, 08:33
Don't know if I'm better, maybe just a little more off the deep end. Fortunately the park where my son plays had a side walk around it and I have casters on my majestic tripod. If I had the bellows extension on my Wista for a Nikkor 450mm f/9 I think I'd prefer to use that. But have met a couple people interested in large format after seeing the beast. I'd like to hold a 1 day workshop at the Artists Guild, but that may not happen until the spring. Enjoy the fall colors around St Louis.

MIke Sherck
9-Nov-2012, 09:21
Welcome! The Midwest Large Format Asylum's November outing is in your general area: Monticello, IL on Nov. 17-18. Some of the group will go to the rail museum there, some of us will spend the day at Allerton, others will likely do something else. You're welcome to join us (as is anyone else who is interested in spending a weekend shooting, talking photography, looking at prints, etched.). It's all very informal. Our website is http://www.midwestlargeformat.com/ go ahead and click on the Forums link. Registration is free and we won't sell your name to spammers. But you don't have to register to come to the outing!

Mike

RMiksell
18-Nov-2012, 07:28
Unfortunately I won't have a chance to make it up to Monticello this weekend, heading to Texas for the holiday. Hopefully I can make the next one though. Hopefully there's more snow this winter, I'd love to take some winter landscapes.

Ryan