PDA

View Full Version : Do You Use Clips with Jobo Print Drums?

RedSun
4-Nov-2012, 09:00
Say Jobo drum 3063. The paper can fit nicely inside the drums and can clip onto the ridges. Do you still need the clips?
Same with the 28xx series drums. I can process 5" paper with no problem in the 28xx drums....

Jiri Vasina
4-Nov-2012, 13:07
I use Jobo 2830 print drum to develop 5x7" film - 4 sheets at a time. Developing on roller base. The clips are necessary as per my experience - they have come off several times during my experience with the drum, the sheet moved during development and overlaped another, thus destroying it.

Jiri

Ed Bray
4-Nov-2012, 13:12
I agree with Jiri, I do 4x 5x7 or 2x 8x10 and use the clips.

Sevo
4-Nov-2012, 13:19
Not when processing single sheets of paper or film that are more than half a drum circumference in length - they may shift around a bit, but not so much that it measurably affects agitation. The clips can be necessary when processing two or more, to keep them separated, or to keep small sizes from detaching from the wall.

Lachlan 717
4-Nov-2012, 15:02
I have clips on the tops of the ridges that correspond to 3 sheets of 7x17 film in a 3063.

This is not to hold anything in place; it is to allow me to easily know where to put the sheets without having to put my hand in to the film area.

Never had an issue with film moving once in place (although I recognise that you're referring to paper in you initial post).

RedSun
4-Nov-2012, 17:18
I think if I use 28xx drums to process one medium/large size print, I think I can get away without using the clips. I see the needs if I process several smaller prints with a 3xxx drum....