PDA

View Full Version : Canoscan 9000f...please please somebody help!

drdrew
12-Oct-2012, 08:08
okay so just received this unit a couple days ago. first bummed that it doesnt accept 4x5...but i shoot 35 too and i guess i'm okay doing the stitch thing.

contrasty negs from my modern 4x5 camera seem to scan in OK in halves.

flatter negs from my 1905 korona however do not...not the image itself, but the scanner tries to impose a format onto the negs and crops them weirdly. as if it is a single print from a 6x6 or 6x9. is there a way to tell this piece of you know what to just scan the damned image thats within the holder and give me the whole thing?

i am concerned as well that i plan to get a 6x17 camera soon and it will try to cut up those long images into some king of "standard" size neg. ive looked through the available menus but im apparently to dumb to figure out how to turn this feature off?

appreciate any help or direction thank you!!

Doug Fisher
13-Oct-2012, 08:04
In the Canon software, you have to get out of the automated mode and into the mode that lets you manually set the most options. You can then manually crop the image. Manual cropping is the only way to go. Auto cropping is often fooled. Epson's software has the same problem. Unfortunately, I don't have Canon software running on this PC so I can't give you the exact steps. A call to Canon support will get you going though.

Doug
---
www.BetterScanning.com

diversey
13-Oct-2012, 13:17
1) open software; 2) select scan/import; 3) select film; 4) select use scanner driver; 5) select open scanner driver; 6) select preview; 7) on vert left upper corner, select film strip symbol (not slide symbol) and then you can manually drag the selection tool on your pre-scanned film, any size you like; 8) scan.
Hope this will helpful.
DD

In the Canon software, you have to get out of the automated mode and into the mode that lets you manually set the most options. You can then manually crop the image. Manual cropping is the only way to go. Auto cropping is often fooled. Epson's software has the same problem. Unfortunately, I don't have Canon software running on this PC so I can't give you the exact steps. A call to Canon support will get you going though.

Doug
---
www.BetterScanning.com

drdrew
14-Oct-2012, 09:05
thank you thank you AND thank you!!!