PDA

View Full Version : Air tube for Packard shutters - source?

Randy
10-Oct-2012, 10:49
I have a section, about 18" long, of a thin, black, flexible rubber tubing that I assumed was some kind of automotive vacuum hose. I use this for tripping my packard shutters. I would like to get a few more feet of this. A trip to our local auto parts store yielded a similar hose but one that is about 3-4 times to thick, which causes it to be a lot less flexible. I prefer a rubber hose to a thin plastic hose. Any sources out there?

William Whitaker
10-Oct-2012, 10:58
Offhand, try Packard Shutter. http://packardshutter.com

ImSoNegative
10-Oct-2012, 10:59
I went to Lowes and found actual latex tubing just like the stuff you buy from packard, thats the only place i have ever found it.

Randy
10-Oct-2012, 11:47
I see Packard has 4' (minimum) of tubing for $10. May give that a try if I can't find it at Lowe's.

davehyams
10-Oct-2012, 22:04
I get mine from pets mart or the like, they usually stock a black silicon tube for the air filters in aquariums. its cheap and works well.

evan clarke
11-Oct-2012, 04:38
Reno at Packard is a really nice guy and we are lucky to have this great shutter available. I just bought my first brand new one and wish I had a long time ago, it's sweet. Just buy the tubing from him out of support..

Tracy Storer
11-Oct-2012, 08:36
+1 for buying direct from Reno at Packard Shutter.