PDA

View Full Version : Print Display Racks

Mark Stahlke
3-Oct-2012, 20:39
I might be doing an exhibition next month. If it comes through I need a rack to display matted and bagged prints. I plan to display 11x14s matted to 16x20 and 8x10s matted to 11x14.

Any suggestions for print display racks? Cheap is good.

Jon Shiu
3-Oct-2012, 21:11
There are folding fabric racks that are not too expensive. Check out Unitedmfrs.com:
http://www.unitedmfrs.com/cart/detail.cfm?item=5537

This item might be something that you could make yourself fairly simply, only out of wood instead of metal.

Jon

Jim Jones
4-Oct-2012, 04:50
I display matted prints in a large plastic tub, which also holds the prints diring transportation. A second tub serves as a stand.

Mark Stahlke
4-Oct-2012, 07:07
I like the idea of plastic tubs, they can do double duty. The call for entries says "Artists should provide a professional quality floor bin for their work." so I don't think that will fly.

The Unitedmfrs canvas sling looks workable and not too expensive.

Greg Miller
4-Oct-2012, 13:54
You need to consider how plastic tubs reflect on your work. They may be fine for $10 prints but not a good statement if you are promoting your self as a collectable artist. I don;t know what your prices are, but I don't think anyone will purchase a $500 print out of a plastic tub.

Also be careful of racks that do not have flat bottoms. Once you get more than a few print s in the bin it can be hard to page through them unless they sit flat. The customers start trying to force it which can damage the prints even if they are matted and in sealed plastic envelopes.

Corran
4-Oct-2012, 13:58
I found a nice metal magazine rack at Lowes for like $10, that holds matted prints up to 16x20 really nicely. I don't think it would look good on the floor but on a table it looks great. Nice sleek polished metal. Get a couple of them; there are 3 "rows" and each can hold about 4-5 prints if you don't stuff it.