PDA

View Full Version : Lens for Holga 120 Pan conversion

Rogier Willems
2-Oct-2012, 10:04
Hi,

I am looking for a 90mm Angulon lens with shutter for my 6x12 cm camera project.

Any advice about the purchase off the lens?
Who offers CLA on these lenses or is this something I can do myself?

If you happen to have a suitable lens for me I am happy to hear about it.

Smiles across the wires,

Rogier

SMBooth
3-Oct-2012, 05:24
Perhaps this should go it the wanted section.

E. von Hoegh
3-Oct-2012, 09:12

Perhaps the OP hasn't been here long enough to have access to that section....

unixrevolution
3-Oct-2012, 13:13

Perhaps the OP hasn't been here long enough to have access to that section....

It's also true that the OP is asking for more than just "Anybody got one?"

I have no advice over the lens itself, but as for the CLA, SK Grimes and Carol Miller at Flutot's can perform a CLA of the shutter.

SMBooth
3-Oct-2012, 14:23
Perhaps it was suggested because if it is in the right area more people would see it and I'm not try to be ar$ehole.

E. von Hoegh
4-Oct-2012, 07:12
Perhaps it was suggested because if it is in the right area more people would see it and I'm not try to be ar$ehole.

I was commenting because, if you read the OP, it's a rather odd posting.

Drew Bedo
17-Oct-2012, 06:08
Has anyone actually helped this guy with relavent information?

Greg Y
17-Oct-2012, 08:12
Well There are a whole bunch on ebay for between $160 & $450. There have been over the last week, while I was looking. I have a thread on exactly this lens angulon 6.8 90mm in the "Lens" section. If you tell us where you are located it might have someone regional who we can recommend for lens CLA. Let's exchange some info on 6x12 projects. I'm aiming at the 'holgamod' as long as the lens is removable in a troublefree fashion so i can use it on my Deardorff as well.

Frank Petronio
20-Oct-2012, 07:39
It actually sounds like an attractive project, better than the recently announced Lomo 6x12 with crappy lenses. Any links to people's conversions? Google didn't show me any....

Michael_qrt
27-Oct-2012, 23:55
Looks like quite an interesting mod, here's some links to a couple of conversions I found:

http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=5074.msg58476#msg58476

http://freepdfhosting.com/b316cbe2ff.pdf

As for buying the lens they are fairly common on ebay, ask the seller questions about the operation of the shutter before bidding or buying and only put your cash down if you get get a good response (and/or return privleges). Some of those older synchro compur shutters still work well and they can indeed be CLA'd if they're sticky but if you can get one that works well in the first place then you save a bit of hassle.

rknewcomb
1-Nov-2012, 17:16
Really looking forward to my recently announced 6x12 with "crappy" lens. Hey Frank, its not made from "toothpick wood" like those other cameras that you don't like.
Robert N.

Frank Petronio
1-Nov-2012, 18:47
I don't like a lot of metal or plastic cameras either! Seriously I wish you luck and if it is better than the Lomo sample pix with competent use then I might get one too!

Vascilli
1-Nov-2012, 22:49
I'll be picking one up because with the 30% preorder discount combined with 10% off from the ilovelomo coupon code it works out to less than $200 out of my pocket. Think I'll go for the metal model, though.

SMBooth
1-Nov-2012, 23:09
It actually sounds like an attractive project, better than the recently announced Lomo 6x12 with crappy lenses. Any links to people's conversions? Google didn't show me any....

Here mine
http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisford/8011109566/in/photostream
65 SA on Holga 120 6x12

Thebes
3-Nov-2012, 18:07
One note about the 90mm Angulon, they had more sample variation than most other wide angle lenses you might find.
If I were buying one I'd want to either see some images made with it, or else choose a vendor with a liberal return policy.
I'm not just talking about condition and wear, but also about initial quality controls.
The good ones are nice, but maybe half of them are only mediocre... I've only ever had a mediocre one.

Jiri Vasina
4-Nov-2012, 04:22
I had one sample of Angulon 90mm f:6.8, and here even 4x5" coverage was a stretch - the corners tended to get mushy even for the tiniest rise/fall/move...

Jiri