PDA

View Full Version : Roman Loranc, has he moved?

Bill_1856
1-Oct-2012, 19:56
Has Loranc moved from the Central Valley to the Mt. Shasta region?
Wonder why? Anything significant about it?

Merg Ross
1-Oct-2012, 22:49
Has Loranc moved from the Central Valley to the Mt. Shasta region?
Wonder why? Anything significant about it?

Yes, he moved several years ago. It is a beautiful area of the state, reason enough to move.

His latest book is due soon.

Just checked, seems delayed until August, 2013; titled, "Absolution". He is working in Greece at the moment.

Robert Brummitt
2-Oct-2012, 06:57
Yes, he moved several years ago. It is a beautiful area of the state, reason enough to move.

His latest book is due soon.

Just checked, seems delayed until August, 2013; titled, "Absolution". He is working in Greece at the moment.

I drove through the area last weekend. I has it's qualities. I been there when the storm clouds are just hanging and my eye gets excited by the performance.

R

John Kasaian
2-Oct-2012, 07:24
You see, Bill_1858, the Central Valley wasn't big enough for the both of us, LOL!:rolleyes:

Drew Wiley
2-Oct-2012, 08:31
One has to admire the guy for trying to make his living as strictly a printmaker (plus some
books and maybe now workshops). But it's a pretty hard way to sustain income, and finding an affordable area to live can be important. I only momentarily chatted with him
about this once - he's a fairly shy fellow - and maybe he was just getting tired of that
clammy tule fog in the winter and wanted some sunshine. It would be almost impossible
to sustain a career like that here on the coast, where housing is far more expensive than
inland. I wish him well.