PDA

View Full Version : gossen variable angle attachment

Steve Rosen
8-Mar-2004, 22:06
I just opened my Gossen Variable angle Attachment to clean and failed to take note of which is measuring window and which is viewfinder window. It fits back either way. Which is which and which is on top? Help

Hal Hardy
8-Mar-2004, 23:39
The viewerfinder is on top.

Hal Hardy
9-Mar-2004, 00:01
I hope my answer isn't an oversimplification. I looked at it from the outside and don't know what's involved once the case is cracked open.

Steve Rosen
9-Mar-2004, 06:52
I know the viewfinder is on top but is that the lens with the circular design or the flat one?

Dan Fromm
9-Mar-2004, 08:19
Steve, pardon my dimness but I just don't see your problem.

The measuring window sits in front of the meter's cell when the narrow angle attachment is attached to the meter. The VF window has two concentric circles that indicate what the cell is supposed to see when the finder is set to 15 and 7.5 degrees.

Cheers,

Dan

Scott Walton
12-Mar-2004, 06:45
In the top window, the outer circle is 15 degree and the inner circle is 7.5. You also need to use your compensating dial on your meter... when using 15 degree... set the notch to 1 and 7.5 set it at 3. The notations are on the back of the viewfinder. If you forget to set... your exposures are going to be off. I can send a photo if you need.