PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Mountain Lion, CS6 and Epson 3880

NDG-Mike
28-Sep-2012, 12:36
Hi there,

I just bought a new 27" iMac with Mountain Lion installed. I also installed Photoshop CS6 and drivers for my 3880. When I print from Photoshop using the correct paper settings (Ultra Premium Glossy) the final product looks nothing like what's on the screen. It looks lifeless and has lost all dynamic range.

Previously, I was running an older iMac with 10.5, CS4 and the same printer. Everything always came out fine with that setup.

What could be the problem? I'm running the latest drivers from Epson and allowing Photoshop to manage the colors.

On a side note, I seem to have lost the ability to choose "Advanced B&W" under Printer Settings -> Print Mode, the drop down box is greyed out. I'm not sure if these are related.

Michael Cienfuegos
30-Sep-2012, 17:04
I can't help with the printer part, but I have Mountain Lion in my 27" iMac and CS6 has given me some problems, but they were mostly operator error. o problems for over a month and I'm quite happy with it. The printer could be a problem, I had some problems with my older HP laser printer (18 years old), but managed to get it working again. You might check Epson's website to see if they have any updates for their software. Good Luck. :)