PDA

View Full Version : What is the Average Cost of Epson 7800 ($/foot)

RedSun
25-Sep-2012, 16:53
Just want to get some idea. Say this is regular 24" roll paper. What is the cost in $/foot? This includes all printer costs: ink, paper, and other maintenance parts, like maintenance tank, etc.

Does not have to precise. Just a feasible range. Thx.

vinny
25-Sep-2012, 18:08
Many labs charge by the square foot so you can get an idea of prices there. As for costs, it would vary so wildy due to the paper involved........ maintenance parts and the cost of the printer which will only last so long then has to be factored in.

jp
25-Sep-2012, 19:26
It's not precise, but my 7600 didn't get a ton of use and would require more often cleaning. I figured with supplies and ink, it was $20 minimum cost to me no matter what was printed.

RedSun
25-Sep-2012, 23:19
$20 for what size?

Just wonder how much the labs charge for a square foot?

Brian Ellis
26-Sep-2012, 05:44
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how someone else's cost in $- per-foot of prints is meaningful to you, even on a ball-park basis, since that amount depends almost entirely on the number of feet someone prints over what period of time, which may or may not bear any relationship to your print volume over that time.

RedSun
26-Sep-2012, 05:57
That is what this post is about. If John's cost is $0.50/sq foot and Joe's cost is $0.8/sq foot, that establish the range or so.....

This is just pretty easy concept, just a range, whatever that is.....

Lenny Eiger
30-Sep-2012, 10:16
That is what this post is about. If John's cost is $0.50/sq foot and Joe's cost is $0.8/sq foot, that establish the range or so.....

This is just pretty easy concept, just a range, whatever that is.....

There is no such thing as regular paper. I have done many of these types of calculations, have a spreadsheet around here somewhere. Lots of people do the square inch calculation, but per foot is the way to go.

All you have to do is price a paper you are interested in. Go to shadesofpaper.com. The rolls tell you how long they are. Deduct the first and last foot, so a 39 foot roll becomes a 36 foot one. Then divide the price by 36. When printing, you have to allow for a lot of waste. If you do an 8x10 print, you will do that on a 17 inch roll. That means you have 8 inches of print. However, you also have at least 2 inches on either side for a border. Now it's an 12 inch print. that's if you cut it exactly, and most of the time for me its 2.5 or 3 all around.... There is nothing you can do about the excess at top and bottom. You have to calculate the price based on the size of the paper you are using vs the print. Add $1-2 per square foot for the ink, more for smaller printers...

Hope this helps,

Lenny

RedSun
30-Sep-2012, 13:35
I just want to hear some numbers. Be it $5, $10 or $50 a foot??? Does not have to be accurate.