PDA

View Full Version : Are DSLRs now considered Large Format?

ic-racer
20-Sep-2012, 08:05
Why are there threads on DSLRS? If 6x9cm is suspect, most certainly DSLR is not LF.
Just wondering.:confused:

Mark Stahlke
20-Sep-2012, 09:30
From what I can see the DSLR threads are in the Lounge where small format stuff is permitted.

Brian Ellis
20-Sep-2012, 09:32
Why are there threads on DSLRS? If 6x9cm is suspect, most certainly DSLR is not LF.

If you're referring to the one about cleaning DSLR sensors, I would have thought it should have gone in the Lounge. I suspect some people are confused by the "Digital Hardware" category. I always assumed that category contemplated digital backs and related accessories on LF cameras but I can see where some people might be confused and think it included DSLRs.

Ralph Barker
20-Sep-2012, 11:04

Discussion of digital backs for 4x5 or larger view cameras is OK in the Digital Hardware section, but DSLR topics should only be posted in the Lounge.

The one thread about cleaning DSLR sensors has been moved to the Lounge. Any others should be "reported" in the usual manner.

Adamphotoman
20-Sep-2012, 14:41
Do we have a hybrid location for strapping a DSLR to a Sinar Noma and using older glass? Then shifting rising and tilting for effect. Just asking?

E. von Hoegh
20-Sep-2012, 15:03
How about an extreme macro setup, using a DSLR body and an extended 4x5 film back?

Leigh
20-Sep-2012, 17:12
Do we have a hybrid location for strapping a DSLR to a Sinar Noma ...
That combination would be a DSLR with a large bellows,

NOT an LF camera.

- Leigh

Adamphotoman
20-Sep-2012, 17:39
Okay I get it:
It is the recording medium dimension...
When we use a DSLR Lens in front of a 4X5 scanning back (or larger film) it will be considered Large Format
When we use LF Glass and a complete LF camera but crop into it with a smaller sensor it is not LF and remains in the lounge.

vinny
20-Sep-2012, 18:29
If you tape your iphone to the ground glass of your 11x14, use instagram, print a digital neg to 4x5 inches, then that's large format.

mdm
20-Sep-2012, 19:24
I think the balance is changing from LF people with a digital to LF/digital people or digital people with a LF. Thats Ok. The world changes, everything changes.