PDA

View Full Version : thread deleted

tenderobject
18-Sep-2012, 03:39
hi admins and mods,

i'm just curious, why these "thread deleted" are still shown in the forum? yes, it's not clickable but kinda annoying.
it supposed to be sent somewhere which admins and mods can see and access right?
it cluttered the site plus it's kinda confusing/annoying. just a thought.

i run a small local forum. all deleted / spam threads or posts are sent to a place where admins and mods could only access so it won't clutter the site. so all important threads are at the top. please look at the link bellow.

for example:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?15-Announcements

thanks guys!

Ralph Barker
19-Sep-2012, 05:18
Different forums and individual moderators have different styles.

E. von Hoegh
19-Sep-2012, 11:00
hi admins and mods,

i'm just curious, why these "thread deleted" are still shown in the forum? yes, it's not clickable but kinda annoying.
it supposed to be sent somewhere which admins and mods can see and access right?
it cluttered the site plus it's kinda confusing/annoying. just a thought.

i run a small local forum. all deleted / spam threads or posts are sent to a place where admins and mods could only access so it won't clutter the site. so all important threads are at the top. please look at the link bellow.

for example:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?15-Announcements

thanks guys!

It's so the mods can keep score. You'll notice that they always note who did the deleting, this is so they can keep track. At the end of the year, they all have a drunken orgy and the one with the lowest number of deletions has to buy the booze, condoms, lubricants, food and etc. The one with the highest number of deletions gets his choice of orgy partner/s and species.

Kirk Gittings
19-Sep-2012, 11:11
Actually its to justify our pay checks. If we didn't leave the evidence on the site, everyone would think we just sat around eating bon bons and drinking single malt scotch. We are afraid you would lower our substantial salary.

E. von Hoegh
19-Sep-2012, 12:08
Bon bons with single malt?? Eaagh.

BrianShaw
19-Sep-2012, 12:34
If they dared to lower your salary, Kirk, I would personally lead an international boycott of this site.

E. von Hoegh
19-Sep-2012, 12:42
If they dared to lower your salary, Kirk, I would personally lead an international boycott of this site.

That's because you get a kickback.

tenderobject
19-Sep-2012, 13:34
ah ok.

ROL
19-Sep-2012, 15:01
That's because you get a kickback.

I can't imagine moderating as diverse a bunch of idiots as inhabit internet forums. I'm sure there's a kick somewhere, usually resulting in a pain in the same location.

:eek: ...somehow I feel a deletion coming on.

Kirk Gittings
19-Sep-2012, 15:05
Bon bons with single malt?? Eaagh.

Ok so I don't drink the stuff. What goes with Bon Bons?

jk0592
19-Sep-2012, 15:17
Only more Bon Bons...

rdenney
19-Sep-2012, 18:25

Courvoisier cognac.

Rick "or coffee improved with Bailey's Irish Cream" Denney

David Lobato
19-Sep-2012, 18:38
Kirk, where you live the important decision is green or red? (re: chile, for the less privileged among us) With an Alien Amber Ale, you should be pretty content with the job.

Jody_S
19-Sep-2012, 18:45
Most smaller forums leave deleted threads visible for a short time, so that whoever started the crap thread, or whoever turned it into a pie fight, can know why their behavior was reprehensible and why they can't continue their pie fight. Saves moderators having to read a lot of angry messages like "what did you &&^$%s do to my thread??!!!", and the well-mannered people who like to check if their comments have responses can do so before the thread vanishes.

Of course that often spans follow-up threads where people start a new one to continue a locked thread, leading to more adolescent behavior, locked threads and bannings.

I'll have a Brandy Alexander, if someone is serving.

E. von Hoegh
20-Sep-2012, 07:42

I'm not really sure. I like chocolate with a nice strong cup of dark roast coffee, but bon bons are more than just chocolate. Maybe Kahlua?

BrianShaw
20-Sep-2012, 07:54
I like a redhead with my bon bons.

Ralph Barker
20-Sep-2012, 11:14
Courvoisier cognac.

Rick "or coffee improved with Bailey's Irish Cream" Denney

LOUIS XIII de Rémy Martin is even better. One shouldn't let the $2,200 price tag deter them from the pleasure.

BrianShaw
20-Sep-2012, 11:16
Heck... at that price why not buy two and share with a friend!

rdenney
20-Sep-2012, 11:35
Heck... at that price why not buy two and share with a friend!

Agreed. And Ralph, I'm your good friend. A much better friend than Brian.

Rick "BFF" Denney

BrianShaw
20-Sep-2012, 11:41
... but I'm closer so I can get to Ralph's house faster!

I'll even bring one of my spare redheads to share!!

rdenney
20-Sep-2012, 11:55
... but I'm closer so I can get to Ralph's house faster!

I'll even bring one of my spare redheads to share!!

Damn!

Rick "day late and dollar short as usual" Denney

BrianShaw
20-Sep-2012, 11:57
Ralph... just leave the key under the mat. I'll be there by 3 AM... 4 at the latest!

Ralph Barker
21-Sep-2012, 23:05
Fellas, fellas, I never said I actually had some at the house.

BrianShaw
22-Sep-2012, 10:53
Oh... now you tell us. :o

Ralph Barker
22-Sep-2012, 15:19
Oh... now you tell us. :o

Sorrrrrrry. ;)

E. von Hoegh
24-Sep-2012, 07:01
Sorrrrrrry. ;)

You don't seem very sincere.

imagedowser
24-Sep-2012, 10:07
Lets see $2,200.... Remy? or 15" Cooke Knuckler with clean glass.... humm

Len Middleton
28-Sep-2012, 08:59
Lets see $2,200.... Remy? or 15" Cooke Knuckler with clean glass.... humm

Yes, with a $2,200 cognac, as suggested by most good etiquette books, one should use a clean glass...

My preference for scotch glasses is Glencairn; did not know that Cooke also made brandy glasses although knuckler handles would seem odd... :D

E. von Hoegh
28-Sep-2012, 10:30
I'd like a set of Schott-Jena scotch glasses. Maybe I could get a bunch of old Zeiss Tessars, junk binoculars and so on and give the elements to a glassblower friend to make into glasses.

rdenney
28-Sep-2012, 18:48
I'd like a set of Schott-Jena scotch glasses. Maybe I could get a bunch of old Zeiss Tessars, junk binoculars and so on and give the elements to a glassblower friend to make into glasses.

Make them from lanthanum glass and add a little zip to your aperitif.

Rick "glowing in the dark" Denney

E. von Hoegh
29-Sep-2012, 07:43
Make them from lanthanum glass and add a little zip to your aperitif.

Rick "glowing in the dark" Denney

Hey, there's a thought! I have a big chunk of neodymium glass, and I could get some thorium glass from old Pentax lenses. Thanks!