PDA

View Full Version : Updated Quadtone RIP Profiles for CS6?

Frank Petronio
14-Sep-2012, 12:08
It looks like the wisdom of Adobe made CS6 so smart that it can distinguish which icc profiles are appropriate for printing. Except it misses a lot of the custom made and paper-company-supplied profiles for some reason, so what worked fine in CS5 is not available in the CS6 print dialog.

THANKS ADOBE I LOVE PAYING FOR UPGRADES THAT MAKE THINGS WORSE.

Anyway I looked on the Quadtone site and see no mention of any upgra.. I mean updated profiles.

Are they available somewhere? What are people doing? How come there isn't more complaining about this BS?

The other interesting tidbit is when you open the same image side by side in CS5 and CS6 the Gamma is slightly but noticeably different. Probably not enough to matter but curious as to why?

I guess my other $64m question is why someone doesn't make a better image editor since the market is huge and Adobe is so awful as a company? You could sell a lot of $200 apps with more moderate upgrade installments and still be in the billionaire's club.... (Please don't tell me to use Gimp).

Tyler Boley
16-Sep-2012, 10:02
Frank, can I assume you are referring to icc profiles to select in the adobe print dialogue, rather than curves selected in the QTR dialogue? Unfortunate use of naming conventions here...
Anyway... verify above.
At one version update Adobe stupidly chose to either 1) not recognize single channel gray profiles at all or 2) not invoke profile selection at all printing from grayscale file or 3) both.
Also, I believe where profiles for PS use are installed has chaned
Several there need to have kneecap work done.
I gave up on printing out of PS long ago so can't be more specific. Roy could tell you, try the QTR list