PDA

View Full Version : Aussie future LF enthusiast!

Ben Wheeler
1-Sep-2012, 15:53
Good morning from Australia,

I've had a vague lust for higher quality images for years now, and every now and then have done some googling about MF film. Just over the last few weeks I've been trawling through this website, and I have to say what a great resource it is! I'm very excited about the possibilities afforded by LF. I'm not sure how soon I'll start purchasing, but at some point I'll probably be looking at either a Shen Hao or Chamonix 4x5 setup with a couple of lenses.

Just wanted to say hi, thanks for all the info, and I look forward to hopefully being a contributing member at some point!

Cheers,

Ben

Lachlan 717
1-Sep-2012, 16:10
Welcome, Ben.

Quite a few of us in Vic.

Let me know if you want to see a Shen in person; I have a couple that can give you an idea on build quality etc.

We can also help with where to buy "stuff".

munz6869
1-Sep-2012, 16:11
Welcome!! There's a few Melburnians loitering...

Marc!

SMBooth
1-Sep-2012, 16:22
"Warning" Slippery slope ahead!

SMBooth
1-Sep-2012, 16:23
And welcome from another Melbourne person

Michael Wynd
2-Sep-2012, 02:53
Welcome from an ex Geelong, now Canberra person.

welly
2-Sep-2012, 03:07
G'day from Sydney.

They're a great bunch here, even the grumpy ones.

Ben Wheeler
2-Sep-2012, 14:14
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies! I'm very interested to see what's in the For Sale section - I notice there's not a lot going on eBay.

Also, can anyone tell me if there's a way of being notified (within the forum) when threads you're active in have been replied to?

Cheers,

Ben

Lachlan 717
2-Sep-2012, 15:14
Any thread that you've responded to will have a green arrow on the envelope symbol on the left of the list (see attached).

If you hit the "What's new" button (top left of front screen), you will see a list of posts added since you last viewed the site (based on you being logged in).

Ben Wheeler
2-Sep-2012, 15:30
Thanks for that. I realised also that if I go to "Settings", threads I've posted in that have a reply will show up.

Any thread that you've responded to will have a green arrow on the envelope symbol on the left of the list (see attached).

If you hit the "What's new" button (top left of front screen), you will see a list of posts added since you last viewed the site (based on you being logged in).

SMBooth
2-Sep-2012, 15:33
You can also subscribe to a thread, and receive emails when that thread is updated. The button is under thread tools on the topish right hand side.

SMBooth
2-Sep-2012, 15:37
As for gear the Box Hill photo market (Box Hill town hall) is on the 16th of Sept. Might be worth a look.

Ben Wheeler
3-Sep-2012, 00:33
As for gear the Box Hill photo market (Box Hill town hall) is on the 16th of Sept. Might be worth a look.

Great - that's on my birthday! My wife surely won't be able to refuse any purchases on that day ;)

Leigh
3-Sep-2012, 00:36
Hi Ben, and welcome aboard.

There's plenty of room in the asylum for all.

Enjoy.

- Leigh

cosmicexplosion
3-Sep-2012, 02:31
Welcome to the rest of your life!!!!