PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

Ella
29-Feb-2004, 14:15
hi!!! i have a big big problem, i was running and my digital camera fell... My monitor (screen) is all broken and white and black, i cant see anything! is there any way to fix the monitor?????? i need answer very fast please! before my parents find out what happen to my camera!PLEASE!!! thank you Ella

darter
29-Feb-2004, 14:21
Try the digital camera forum at www.photo.net. This is the large format camera forum, where virtually nobody runs with their camera.

tim atherton
29-Feb-2004, 14:44
try posting here

http://www.photo.net/bboard/forum?topic_id=1841

("This is the large format camera forum, where virtually nobody runs with their camera." I love that btw!)

Mike Troxell
29-Feb-2004, 15:06
Actually, I have a stedicam that I use with a Canon GL-1 and I had been thinking about mounting my 8x10 to it. So you think that could be a bad idea?

jantman
29-Feb-2004, 15:48
Mike,

I don't think the steadicam for a GL1 (or an XL1) will cut it. Maybe you should try an Ultra. On the down side, the Steadicam will weigh as much as your 8x10.

Phil,

I've been known to run with my 810N over my shoulder, on the tripod. SOmething always breaks - either me or it.

Ella,

If your problem was a ground glass, you'd be able to find an answer here. Unfortunately, I can't build a digital camera as quickly as I can grind single-thickness float glass, even twice. Maybe this is an omen about digital.

Mike Troxell
29-Feb-2004, 16:15
I realize that people on the large format forum are always open to new ideas. But before anyone takes me seriously about the stedicam idea, I was joking. In other words, don't try this at home :)

John Kasaian
29-Feb-2004, 16:40
Ella,

Your digi is toast! The only thing to do is contact Midwest Photo and have them rush ship a 4x5 Speed Graphic and some Graphmatics ASAP. You can not only run with a Speed Graphic, you can storm pill boxes!(and you don't need batteries or flash cards, either!)---Cheers!

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
29-Feb-2004, 17:20
"This is the large format camera forum, where virtually nobody runs with their camera".

Can we adopt this as the forum motto?

Ella
29-Feb-2004, 19:57
thanks to all of you!

David Kaplan
29-Feb-2004, 21:38
Ella,

Been there, done that (smashed LCD screen). Call the camera manufacture's 800 number (if you don't have it check their web site). They can give you a list of authorized repair shops, or directions on how to ship it to them for repair.

If I remember correctly it took Canon 2-3 weeks for Canon to replace the LCD screen that I smashed.

Jean-Louis Llech
1-Mar-2004, 02:14
Hello everybody,
"This is the large format camera forum, where virtually nobody runs with their camera".
What means "running" ? I don't know this word. Is it a 35mm or digital technical expression, like "booster" ?

Philippe Gauthier
1-Mar-2004, 08:15
Jean-Louis: It's not a technical term, it's quite literal: "... oł virtuellement personne ne court avec son appareil." One can easily run with a pocket digicam. But just try to make a little sprint with with LF gear mounted on a tripod, 10 kgs worth of film holders and filters, etc - you won't run far. It's been said enough: LF is for slow, deliberate work, not running around wildly!