PDA

View Full Version : Help to ID some Photo Gears

RedSun
27-Aug-2012, 18:04
I received some gears from another pro. I do not know what they are. See the photos attached here. Photos 3 and 4 are the same item. Thanks.

Cletus
27-Aug-2012, 18:42
Nr 1 is a nozzle for canned air. Don't know what Nr 2 is, obviously some kind of handle. Nr 3 and 4 look like part of an old movie projector, or maybe movie camera, but most likely a projector.

lenser
27-Aug-2012, 19:09
#2 is a paper cutter. Handy for trimming the ragged ends of long roll background papers, etc. Just place the paper in the small notch below the "beak" and slide the whole thing across using the handle as you would expect.

RedSun
27-Aug-2012, 19:29
Yes, #2 is a cutter. It is free standing, just like an opened pair of scissors. I have no idea what the #3 is. It seems there is a slot in the middle that you can put something in there. Through the back lens, I can't see anything.

Keith Fleming
27-Aug-2012, 20:08
#3 reminds me of the equipment in my optometrist's office that projects the eye charts on the wall. #3 also has posts on each side which might have been for film strips containing the charts--and allow the projected ones to be easily changed when checking the patient's vision. If I am right, the piece would have been attached to a light source. My optometrist's set up reflects the projected image off a mirror onto another mirror and then onto the wall.

Keith

Michael Clark
27-Aug-2012, 21:23
Nr3, maybe a device for inspecting individual frames of movie film. One end the light source the other the eyeball and the middle the film.

Jim Jones
28-Aug-2012, 05:56
Could No. 3 & 4 be for showing 35mm slides and film strips with a movie projector?

Bob Salomon
28-Aug-2012, 06:57
That Rodenstock lens was made in 1945 or 46. It appears to be a film strip attachment for a projector. But it may not be complete. It seems to be missing the film transport knobs. It would be used in a projector vertically rather then horizontally as photographed. The film in film strip projectors ran top to bottom, Not side to side as in most slide projectors.

RedSun
28-Aug-2012, 09:01
Who wants to have the #3? It is vintage. Good brand name!

C. D. Keth
28-Aug-2012, 09:34
#1 is indeed a canned air nozzle for "Dust Off Classic." It's much better than the new style nozzle but I don't know how widely available the cans are. I get them through work