PDA

View Full Version : Shorter leneses on Eastman 2D

Steve Williams_812
26-Feb-2004, 14:02
I am looking for an inexpensive 8x10 camera for a personal project I am working on. I will be primarily using a 240, 180 and 135 lens (for circular images) and was wondering about the utility of the Eastman 2D with shorter lenses.

I was also considering a Calumet C-1 but it just seems so heavy....

I'm not in need of many movements, rise and fall useful but that's about it.

Anyone have experience with the Eastman? I figure I can get one for around $300.

steve

Eric Woodbury
26-Feb-2004, 14:32
I bought this same camera in Dec 03. I have used a 250mm FujiW, 110mm SSymar and a 121mm SAngulon. The wide angle lenses work fine. You have to move the camera out to the front of the rack or the rack is in the picture. That's easy. Not many movements. Rear swing/tilt and front R/F. A front tilt would be great, but doesn't matter for me that much either.

j.e.simmons
26-Feb-2004, 15:50
In addition to the weight of the Calumet C-1, consider that the front standard is not movable - meaning all of the rail for the bellows sticks out to the rear. With short lenses, and thus short bellows draw, you have to work your neck around the rail to see the ground glass.

Bob Fowler
26-Feb-2004, 17:44
As Eric Woodbury pointed out, there is no front tilt on a 2D. You might want to consider an Agfa/Ansco or a B&J if you want an inexpensive wood camera with more movements.