PDA

View Full Version : velvia ready load past exposure

dave schlick
23-Feb-2004, 00:36
i took a few shots last summer with velia readyloads that were about 6 months past the date.. im wondering if i can use it for my next vacation.. it would be about 1 1/2 years out of date.. i finally figured how to get back on to photonet, the old method of getting on evidnetly overloade my computer or something and thier site would not down load it to me.. so i found a new way in on the task bars and it let me read and post.. dave.

Ted Harris
23-Feb-2004, 07:08
Dave,

If your Velvia has been refrigerated or frozen then you should be able to use it with no problem. Even if has jsut been stored in a cool room it should be ok although there may be some very small color shifts.

Philippe Gauthier
23-Feb-2004, 15:44
Typically, old transparency film will develop some magenta cast. It should be minimal if you kept your film in the fridge, perhaps a bit much if you kept it at the room temperature. Giving it a try is the only way to know.

Your solution for long term film conservation is to freeze it - a slow film like Velvia should stay intact for at least five years inthe freezer, perhaps even ten.