PDA

View Full Version : How to prepare final support? Carbon printing

Nasser
7-Aug-2012, 04:47
Would you please correct me if am wrong? step by step preparing final support for carbon printing:

1. I immerse Revere paper in a warm water
2. lay it on glass wipe it out from access water and size it with (acrylic mat medium) foam rod undiluted, 4 layers.
3. leave to dry
4. finally for preparing to enter the mat bath, I leave the final support in a cool water for 15 min before mating with the exposed paper

Please advice
Nasser

sanking
8-Aug-2012, 06:55
Would you please correct me if am wrong? step by step preparing final support for carbon printing:

1. I immerse Revere paper in a warm water
2. lay it on glass wipe it out from access water and size it with (acrylic mat medium) foam rod undiluted, 4 layers.
3. leave to dry
4. finally for preparing to enter the mat bath, I leave the final support in a cool water for 15 min before mating with the exposed paper

Please advice
Nasser

Nasser,

That should work if you use acrylic.

I personally am not very fond of the look of carbon prints on aylic sized final supports. I prefer to used fixed out photographic papers, or I size art papers with a layer of hardened gelatin.

Sandy

Nasser
14-Aug-2012, 04:02
Hi Sandy! Thank you for the reply... I still having problem in developing stage, having all little pieces of pigment sticking and massing around polluting the white edge! I feel that the pigment is so sticky, like a melting chewing gum that never let go of the shadow area!

CP Goerz
14-Aug-2012, 08:38
Try increasing the temperature of the development bath and increase agitation.

Nasser
14-Aug-2012, 14:51
I will.. Thanx Goerz