PDA

View Full Version : Betterscanning fluid mount and Lumina fluid?

rustyair
3-Aug-2012, 16:33
Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting a Betterscanning 4x5 fluid ONLY mount for V700 and Lumina fluid from scanscience. ( I will do non-fluid scan with the stock epson 4x5 mount) and I just want to check before I make my move.

If I order the $84.95 fluid only mount from betterscanning and 1 bottle (8 oz) of lumina $27 than I'm good to scan at least 6 of 4x5 films on the same day with my v700 or do I need something else? Can I replace the lumina fluid with a lighter fluid?

I would appreciate if you could give me some tips on fluid mount with v700, betterscanning mount and lumina fluid.

Thanks,

Marc B.
3-Aug-2012, 18:56
Scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Many responses to your same subject under 'Similar Threads' title.

rustyair
3-Aug-2012, 21:35
I think I've read almost every betterscanning mount and lumina fluid threads on this forum but could not find an answer for 'do I need something else'.

Jeff Dexheimer
3-Aug-2012, 21:51
You need mylar and I believe a squeegee. Look at a fluid mount kit. They sell them on various sites. I think whoever sels lumina fluid sells the kits. Read whats in the kit, then go buy the same stuff or next to nothing at a hardware store.

Lighter fluid is perfectly fine as a replacement for lumina fluid

Doug Fisher
4-Aug-2012, 08:15
Here are some of the things you might want to have on hand: http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/cheapfluidmounting.html

Doug

Ed Richards
5-Aug-2012, 06:49
It does not mention the industrial grade ventilation system or the carbon filter respirator or the overhead sprinkler system.