PDA

View Full Version : Which Acetone for carbon printing?

Nasser
2-Aug-2012, 15:05
Hi there, I wish all doing fine with this beautiful summer! I am up to carbon printing, I red Sandy's book, but did not know which type is Acetone that he mentioned, I found out there too many kind of Acetone, but not a pure Acetone. Is it paint thinner?

Nasser
2-Aug-2012, 15:40
Never mind!! I got it!

Vaughn
17-Aug-2012, 14:23
So don't smoke rope while sensitizing (and don't do sensitize next to your gas water-heater).

sanking
17-Aug-2012, 14:33
So don't smoke rope while sensitizing (and don't do sensitize next to your gas water-heater).

Good advice, Vaughn. Pretty amazing that we are still alive after using acetone for sensitizing all these years! But for sure I never sensitize next to a gas water-heater, or any other kind of flame for that matter. And I never allow workshop students to smoke rope in my work space!!

Acetone is widely used in a number of household ingredients, including nail polish and paint thinner. With reasonable care there is no greater danger in sensitizing with acetone than with alcohol.

Sandy

Vaughn
17-Aug-2012, 17:00
...And I never allow workshop students to smoke rope in my work space!!Sandy

I had to put signs up in our university darkroom after a few students thought it was cool to some a little weed in the darkroom...:eek:

BrianShaw
17-Aug-2012, 19:11
Oh... I just got it. I thought Vaughns keyboard was misspelling words. I'm so out of it... uncool... and probably even a conservative Republican. :o

Vaughn
17-Aug-2012, 21:43
Oh... I just got it. I thought Vaughns keyboard was misspelling words. I'm so out of it... uncool... and probably even a conservative Republican. :o

Sometimes I do skip a word or two, but I do live in Humboldt County -- I know the ropes...;)

A conservative republican? I guess the only other kind are the RINOs...LOL!